Movies in the Park:
Movies in the park is a free summer event in Little Rock. Family friendly movies are shown on a projection screen in Riverfest Amphitheater in Riverfront Park.
Movies in the Park takes place every Wednesday throughout June and July.
The event is absolutely free.
It's great fun to see these older movies with a crowd in an outdoor venue. There's cheering, booing, clapping. It's a great energy you cannot get at a normal venue.
I highly recommend checking it out!
Schedule & Times:
The park opens at 6:30, and the movies start at sundown (~8:00ish). Get their early if you want the best seats.
- June 8: Monsters University (G) Sponsored by SCM Architects
- June 15: Guardians of the Galaxy (PG-13) Sponsored by Little Rock Marriott
- June 22: Brewster's Millions (PG)
- June 29: Lego Movie (PG) - ATA Week / Sponsored by Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard PLLC
- July 6: The Campaign (R) / Sponsored by Clinton School of Public Service
- July 13: Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (PG-13)
- July 20: Dirty Dancing (PG-13) Sponsored by Central Arkansas Library System
- July 27: Captain America The First Avenger (PG-13) Sponsored by CDI
The amphitheater seating is available on a first come, first served basis.
Families are invited to bring blankets and chairs and camp out on the grass too. During the more kid-friendly movies, the grass section normally fills up before the seats.
You can also visit one of the many River Market restaurants before or after the show.
Food & Concessions:
Popcorn, candy and cokes are available for cheaper than at a regular movie theater. You get reduced price refills on popcorn, so I suggest getting one and splitting it.
Families are encouraged to bring coolers and picnic foods.
You can bring adult beverages as long as they are not in glass containers.
This is really designed to be a cheap evening out, so pack up a picnic and get a good seat.
There are also paid lots across from the Market.
Where / Contact Info:
More Summer Movies
Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse:
A different moving offering is Cinemark at 18 Colonel Glenn Plaza Drive shows $1 movies on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 a.m. See all 10 for $5. There is a coupon on their website for $1 off a movie snack pack.
- June 9 - Paddington
- June 16 - Alvin and the Chimpmunks, the Road Chip
- June 23 - The Peanuts Movie
- June 30 - Pan
- July 7 - Home
- July 14 - The BoxTrolls
- July 21 - The Sandlot
- July 28 - Norm of the North
- August 4 - Shaun the Sheep
- August 11 - Max
Movies at the Rob Robinson Theater
The Rob Robinson Theater has $5 movies throughout the summer. The schedule was not available, but keep an eye on their Facebook page for announcements.
Admission to the Summer Movie Express is only $1. Tickets available for purchase at the box office and all movies start at 10:00 am. Each week, both movies play on both days. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Will Rogers Institute. Located at 3929 McCain Blvd (McCain Mall).
- June 7 and 9 - The Lego Movie and Max
- June 14 and 15 - Goosebumps and The Iron Giant: Signature Edition
- June 21 and 22 - Pan and The Smurfs 2
- June 28 and 29 - Despicable Me 2 and Home
- July 5 and 6 - Minions and The Peanuts Movie
- July 12 and 13 - Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Road Chip and Curious George
- July 19 and 20 - The Book of Life and Hotel Transylvania 2
- Juy 26 and 27 - Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 and Shaun The Sheep
- August 2 and 3 - The Croods and Dr. Suess' The Lorax
On Tuesdays through Thursdays at 10 a.m. the Chenal 9 will show fun summer movies for $3.
Located at 17825 Chenal Parkway.
- June 14-16 - The Peanuts Movie
- June 21-23 - The Smurfs 2
- June 28-30 - Home
- July 5-7 - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
- July 12-14 - Puss in Boots
- July 19-21 - How to Train Your Dragon
- July 26-28 - Goosebumps
- August 2-4 - Hotel Transyvania 2