Moms do so much for us, it's only right to celebrate her by doing something special on Mother's Day. Whether you're searching for where to have a Mother's Day meal or a place to pamper mom, Oklahoma City (OKC) has plenty of great options for showing mom you care.
Take Mom Out for a Meal
If you asked most moms, spending time with their kids is their top priority on Mother's Day, and sharing a meal is a great way to do so.
OKC favorite could work. Mom might even find a more intimate dining experience in the metro perfect for catching up with her children in a nice, quiet atmosphere.
But if your mom is more traditional, perhaps you should plan a brunch. Some of the best spots in town for this hybrid meal are Classen Grill, with fresh-squeezed juices and breakfast favorites with a Mexican twist the French-inspired La Baguette Bistro, and the modern Museum Cafe housed within the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
Explore the City with Mom
Your day with mom doesn't have to end when your meal is over. You can continue spending time together by exploring some of Oklahoma City's most famous attractions.
- Take mom on a water taxi ride on the Bricktown canal.
- Explore more than 119 acres of animal enclosures at Oklahoma City Zoo.
- Be inspired by the art on display the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
- Experience the educational fun of the Science Museum Oklahoma.
- Check out the beautiful Myriad Botanical Gardens and Crystal Bridge.
- Stroll the Paseo Arts District and pop into one of the many galleries.
Let Mom Be Pampered
Flowers, candles, and even edible treats are very popular gifts, but perhaps an even better idea is to give your mom the opportunity to be pampered, something most moms never get enough of.
You can treat your mom to a massage, hair styling session or, a restorative body treatment at one of these highly rated OKC spas and salons.
- Eden Salon & Spa is a highly rated day spa and salon that offers an amazing Stress-Fix™ massage. This treatment is clinically proven to reduce feelings of stress, something most moms could definitely use a little help with. The massage incorporates aromas of lavender, lavandin and clary sage along with a combo of Swedish and deep tissue to help calm and rejuvenate the whole body and mind.
- Hands-on Therapy has a wide range of services to choose from including therapeutic massages, microcurrent therapy, mud wraps, facials, nail treatments, and more. Themed treatments such as "chocolate and roses" as well as multi-treatment packages are also offered to spa guests.
- Renaissance Salon & Spa offers standard spa services, sunless tanning treatments, makeup applications, and the popular Aqua Detox™ foot treatment that helps to detoxify the body by using positive and negative charges in water. Mom is sure to experience better circulation, increased energy levels, a greater sense of well being after this 30-minute service.
- The Spa at 10 North has a package that includes a mini pedicure and manicure for both mom and daughter (or son) and she will no doubt enjoy spending time together while receiving red carpet treatment.