Moscow in January | Moscow in March >
February Weather in Moscow
- Average February temperature: -7ºC / 20ºF
- February average high: -4ºC / 26ºF
- February average low: -10ºC / 14ºF
What to Pack for Moscow in FebruaryPack for winter weather for February travel to Moscow. Follow tips for winter dress if you're traveling during this month.
Consider packing the following items:
- Long, lined winter coat
- Insulated boots with rubber tread
- Hat, gloves, scarf, earmuffs
February Holidays and Events in MoscowCelebrate Valentine's Day in Moscow on February 14th.
February 23 is Protector of the Fatherland Day. This day commemorates Russia's servicemen.
Maslenitsa, Russia's pagan farewell to winter, may begin in February. This culturally rich festival takes place on Red Square.
Tips for Travel to Moscow in February
- Cold weather is great museum-going weather. Be sure to visit the Kremlin's Armoury Museum, the Tretyakov Gallery, and the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts
- Moscow is a romantic city. Even though Russia doesn't recognize St. Valentine's Day to the extent that the West does, you can still take in an evening show or spend time with your darling in on of Moscow's restaurants.
Book Flights and Hotels for Moscow in February
- Hotels in Moscow: Compare Prices
- Flights to Moscow: Compare Prices