Montreal has an uncalculated chic and European feel that is irresistible in any month but in September, once so many of the tourists go home, you feel like you are feeling the city in a more authentic state.
With temperatures dipping back to much more civilized numbers in the 60s and little humidity, Montreal is a great city to visit in September.
- Average September temperature: 15.6ºC / 60ºF
- September average high: 20.6ºC / 69ºF
- September average low: 9ºC / 48ºF
Expect rain about 7 - 9 days out of 30 in September.
What to Pack for Montreal in September:
Visitors to Montreal in September should be prepared for a variety of temperatures. Pack clothing that can be layered. Pack your t-shirts, but just be sure to have a sweater and a jacket on hand.
- Shorts; t-shirts; long sleeve shirts; sweaters / sweatshirts; jacket; long pants; closed-toe shoes.
- Waterproof jacket
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen
Montreal in September Perks:
- Lovely weather - no longer hot and humid and not yet cold. Many outdoor activities can still be enjoyed comfortably with just a little extra clothing.
- Fewer tourists means travel and hotel deals.
- Start of Fall Foliage Season in Canada. Fall comes a bit earlier to Montreal than to Toronto. End of September sees colours peaking.
Good to Know about Montreal in September:
- The first Monday of September is the Labour Day holiday. Banks and many stores are closed. Expect crowds.
Montreal in September - Events & Highlights
- The Montreal World Film Festival, ends August / September
- The Magic of Lanterns, September / October: Hundreds of handmade silk lanterns from China combine to create a fantastic Asian ambiance.
- Montreal is host to many other festivals in September as well as concerts and museum exhibits.
- Watch the Montreal Canadiens play a pre-season National Hockey League (NHL) game at the Bell Arena.
Check rates and read reviews for Montreal hotels on TripAdvisor.