Cooler Temperatures, Fewer Crowds
Temperatures can be cold in Montreal in November, but not necessarily unpleasant, especially if you're prepared.
November Weather in Montreal:
- Average November temperature: 7ºC / 45ºF
- November average high: 11ºC / 52ºF
- November average low: 1ºC / 30ºF
Visitors can expect rain about 10 out of 30 days in November.
What to Pack for Montreal in November:
Visitors to Montreal in November should be prepared for a variety of temperatures. Pack clothing that can be layered. Be sure to check the weather forecast before you leave. It is likely Montreal will have snow and freezing cold temperatures in November. Be advised that due to wind chill, the perceived temperature can be much lower than the actual temperature, so do not underestimate how cold it can get and feel.
- Long sleeve shirts; sweaters / sweatshirts; heavy winter coat; jacket; snow pants; long pants; closed-toe, comfortable shoes, water-proof boots.
Montreal in November Perks:
- November is an excellent time to get Montreal travel bargains. Fewer tourists mean transportation and hotel deals. For example, VIA Rail, Air Canada, Porter Airlines will generally have some good deals.
- Lots of hotels offer discounted rates and packages. Read more about where to stay in Montreal.
- Try Travel Zoo Canada for more Canada travel deals.
Good to Know about Montreal in November:
- Remembrance Day - November 11 - though not a general holiday is a bank holiday in Montreal and the rest of Quebec. Banks and government offices will be closed. Call ahead to double check the hours for any restaurants or stores you plan to visit.
- Note that some Old Montreal restaurants and businesses may close over the winter months, but there is still plenty to
Montreal in November - Events & Highlights:
- Santa Claus Parade: Proceeds along St-Catherine Street beginning at 11 am.
- Cinemania Film Festival: The best of francophone cinema.
- Montreal Documentary Festival: 10-day festival highlighting creative documentary film making
- Image & Nation - Montréal's International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival: Annual week long celebration of LGBT cinema.
- The Botanical Garden features Chinese and Japanese themed gardens in the Gardens of Light.