Montreal Weather in MayMontreal has a short, mild spring, similar to Toronto's.
- Average maximum temp: 19ºC / 66ºF
- Average minimum temp: 7ºC / 45ºF
- Lowest on record: -4ºC / 25ºF, Highest on record: 34ºC / 93ºF
What to Wear in Montreal in May:
- Warm, water-resistant outerwear
- Comfortable closed-toe shoes and water-resistant footwear, especially if you're going to be outside of the city.
- Sunhat, sunscreen
- A range of clothing, including t-shirts, sweaters, light pants, heavy slacks. Dressing in layers is a good idea. Daytimes can be warm, but evenings can still be chilly.
Montreal in May Perks:
- Warmer weather means visitors can enjoy more of Montreal great outdoor offerings.
- Springtime means the full throng of summer visitors has not yet arrived.
- Although the ski season is probably finished, ski resorts, like Mont-Tremblant, offer great off-peak deals.
Montreal in May Cons:
- Some of the most popular Canadian festivals and events are not yet under way.
Good to Know about Montreal in May:
Victoria Day is a national holiday in Canada that falls on the Monday before May 25th. Government services, schools and banks will be closed.
Victoria Day weekend is a big travel holiday in Canada (commonly referred to as "May Two-Four Weekend"). Expect crowded highways on the Friday and Monday of this weekend and long lineups at border crossings.
Montreal in May Highlights and Events:
- The last Sunday in May is Montreal Museums Day where participating museums offer free admission and shuttle rides between venues.
- Outdoor Festival of Montreal at Jean Drapeau Park encourages families to get active and plan action-filled summer vacations.
- Montreal Bike Fest at the end of May offers a series of fun events to encourage people to get pedaling.
- Mondial de la bière invites beer lovers to taste a variety of brews at Windsor Station and Courtyard in downtown Montréal.