Nice Weather & Start of Festival Season Make June a Great Month for Montreal
If you can swing it, June is one of the best months to visit Montreal as you get great weather but without the throngs of tourists that arrive in July and August.
Come June, all of the major tourist spots are open in Old Montreal, whereas in winter and even into spring, some attractions are closed or have limited hours.
Weather is a comfortable but not sweltering. July and August can be uncomfortably humid for some.
Especially nice in June are the outdoor markets, though open year round, are that much more enjoyable when the weather is warm.
In addition, Montreal is particularly famous for its wide array of musical and cultural festivals which for the most part take place in the summer.
- Average June temperature: 17ºC / 63ºF
- Average June high: 24ºC / 75ºF
- Average June low: 11ºC / 52ºF
Visitors can expect rain about 6 - 10 days out of 30 in June.
What to Pack for Montreal in June:
- Shorts; t-shirts; long sleeve shirts, light, long pants; sandals; closed-toe shoes.
- Bug spray if you're heading out of the city.
- Sunhat, sunscreen
- Evenings can still be a bit chilly; a light jacket or shawl.
Montreal in June Perks:
- Warmer weather means visitors can enjoy more of Montreal's great outdoor offerings, such as sitting on one of many patios or just soaking up the city's rich, historic atmosphere.
Good to Know about Montreal in June:
- The Montreal Grand Prix and the Montreal Jazz Fest are in Montreal in June and draw huge numbers of visitors; expect crowds and make reservations early.
Montreal in June Highlights & Events:
- Grand Prix of Canada: Canadian Formula 1 Championship race draws tens of thousands of spectators.
- Montreal Jazz Fest, end of June to beginning of July
- Montreal Beer Festival invites beer lovers to taste a variety of brews.
- Nuit Blanche sur Tableau Noir: Artists and musicians transform the Plateau Mont-Royal district into a work of art.
- The St-Ambroise Fringe Festival: Avant-garde performances. Cramped venues, but impressive talent and always a few real gems in the lineup.
- Suoni Per Il Popolo (Sounds for the People), the month of June: Music festival