Montreal Weather in July
- Average July temperature: 21ºC / 68ºF
- July average high: 24ºC / 80ºF
- July average low: 16ºC / 60ºF
Visitors can expect rain about 10 days out of 31 in July.
What to Pack
- Shorts, t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, light, long pants, jacket or shawl, sandals, closed-toe shoes
- Bug spray if you're heading out of the city
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- You may not use them, but it can't hurt to bring a light jacket or shawl
- Summertime is patio season - a nice way to while away the day or evening.
- Montreal has lots of waterfronts to stroll
- Montreal's Six Flags theme park, La Ronde, is open for business.
- Mont-Royal, a public downtown park, is a haven for the active and inactive all year, but especially in summer. Don't miss the weekly Tam Tams drum fest every Sunday between May and October.
- Temperatures in the 80s and sometimes 90s and high humidity may be a turnoff to some.
- Summer means higher travel prices, fuller than usual hotels and restaurants and possibly longer lineups at Montreal's tourist attractions.
Good to Know
- July 1st is Canada Day - a national public holiday. Banks and most stores will be closed.
- Montreal temperatures can get into the 90s and it is humid. Be sure to keep water bottles with you, especially important for older travelers and children.
Events & Highlights
- The Montreal International Jazz Festival, end of June to the first week of July
- Festival international de Lanaudière, July - August, classical music festival
- International Fireworks Competition, June - July