Since 1949 the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair, the largest county fair in the State of Maryland, has been a showcase of farm life in Montgomery County. The week-long county fair is a family event with carnival rides, live animals, a variety of entertainment, food and fun activities for all ages. Kids especially enjoy the opportunity to see all kinds of farm animals up close including prize winning goats, sheep, pigs, dairy cattle, horses, etc.
Live entertainment includes Monster Trucks, Demolition Derby, "Fair’s Idol” Competition, and much more. At the Montgomery County Fair, you can also purchase quilting, clothing, canned goods, baked goods and vegetables from local farmers and enjoy arts and crafts exhibits of local youth.
Dates and Times
August 11– 19, 2017
Friday, 3 p.m. - Midnight
Saturday-Saturday 10 a.m. - Midnight
Montgomery County Fairgrounds
Perry Parkway and Route 355
General Admission $10.00 per person, ages 12 and up
Children 11 and Under FREE
Grandstand Events: Prices are $15.00 for 12 years and over and $10.00 for 7 years and under
Mega-pass one day ride wristbands (excluding the vortex) are $25
Parking: $10 per car. A free shuttle bus provides transportation from Lakeforest Mall.
- You be the Judge
- Amateur Flower Arranging
- Veggie 500 Races
- Invitational Cheese Carving
- Toilet Decorating
- "Fair’s Idol” Competition at the PEPCO Community Stage at Racing Park. Bring your talent to the stage and compete for 1st place. First place wins $300, second place wins $200 and third place wins $100.
- Grandstand Equipment Expo - The event will give you the opportunity to purchase equipment from a push mower to a large excavator.
- Skid Steer Loader Competition - Equipment operators will demonstrate their skills maneuvering Skid Steer Loaders while performing operations in a timed controlled course. Admission is $5.00 per person.
- Carrie McQueen – The Stilt Walker - She juggles, dances and creates an atmosphere of fun and excitement. She will be strolling the Fair at various times.
- Statue Viva - From The Garden of the imagination a Statue comes to life. Watch and be amazed as StatueViva entertains audience members of all ages. Roaming various times and areas throughout the Fair.
- Michelles Magic Poodles - These adorable poodles can be seen dancing on their hind legs, jumping through hoops, and turning kids into “animal trainers” for a day. Stop by Pepco Community Stage at 12:30pm & 2:30pm daily to enjoy the show.
- Wonderlands Wonderless and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum Game Shows - Wild and wacky game show
- Hogway Speedway - The Racing Pigs, ducks, and geese is an attraction to thrill people of all ages. Shows take place several times daily.
- Community Performances - Youth groups from Montgomery County will be performing their talents on the Pepco Community stage daily at 1 pm. Performances such as: Tap, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Taiwanese Folk Dance.
- Children’s Storytime Interactive Theater - Children will become a part of the magical stories.
- Vintage Super Tractor Pull
- Monster Trucks Madness - See performances by the Equalizer, Hot Tamale, Shock Therapy, Excalibur, Storm Damage, Stinger, Illuminator, War Eagle.
- Demolition Derby – “Night of Destruction”
- Lawn Mower Racing - Competitors race around the track in modified ride-on and self-propelled lawnmowers. Start to prepare your lawnmowers now. FREE of charge.
- Skid Steer Loader Competition - Test your skills against the best operators. FREE of charge.
Official Website: www.mcagfair.com