Music in the neighborhoods! Why bother to spend a bundle on tickets when you can catch the same entertainment free, in Brooklyn? Check out this amazing schedule of free entertainment on Mondays during the summer. Concerts start at 7:30 P.M, but get there early for a good seat.
Martin Luther King Jr. Concert Series Lineup 2013
- Monday JULY 15: KENNY 'BABYFACE' EDMONDS
- Monday JULY 22 OLD SCHOOL NIGHT: RAKIM, WHODINI, BIG DADDY KANE, CHUBB ROCK
- Monday JULY 29: ANNUAL GOSPEL NIGHT with MARVIN SAPP , ISRAEL HAUGHTON AND THE NEW BREED. CHRISTIAN CULTURAL CENTER CHOIR
- Monday AUG 5: ANNUAL CARIBBEAN NIGHT with MORGAN HERITAGE. THE KES BAND and MIGHTY SPARROW
- Monday AUG 12: TONI BRAXTON
- Monday Aug. 19: GLADYS KNIGHT and the O'JAYS
Check out the free concerts at Coney Island: Seaside Summer Concerts
- Arrive early since lines can be very long and slow-moving.
- Performers are subject to change, check WLIB 1190AM or WBLS 107.5 FM
- If there's rain forecast, check to be sure the show's still on
- NO cameras, audio and/or video recording, alcohol, pets, glass bottles or smoking.
- You can bring folding chairs; seating is limited. All persons and packages are subject to search before entry (and yes, they do)
Where It Is
By car from Manhattan: Take Manhattan bridge to Flatbush Avenue. Drive 3 miles to Rutland Road. At Rutland Road take a left. Continue straight on Rutland Road until you reach Brooklyn Avenue. The park and field are on your right.
From Long Island and South Brooklyn, take Belt Parkway to Exit 6N. Flatbush Avenue North. Take Flatbush Avenue approx. 5 miles to Rutland Road. At Rutland Road take a right. Continue straight on Rutland Road until you reach Brooklyn Avenue. The park and field are on your right.
By mass transit: take the number "2" or "5" trains to Winthrop Street. "5" runs rush hour only. Walk 2 blocks east.
By bus: B12 on Clarkson Avenue to New York Avenue, or B44 on Nostrand Avenue and New York Avenues to Winthrop Street