01 of 06
Milwaukee's Top Instagrammers
These days, it seems like everyone’s got an Instagram page to chronicle the beauty of life’s everyday moments, whether it blooms in the backyard or bites at a hot new restaurant. Fashion and architecture get a lot of play on Instagram, too, highlighting drool-worthy outfits and buildings alike. While many Milwaukee businesses and institutions do their part to upload a steady flow of images to their Instagram accounts, quite a few individuals are steadily gaining thousands of followers who want a sneak peek into their lens. Closely linked to their brands and identities, the following Milwaukee Instagrammers are ones you'll want to follow once you’ve clicked on a few of their shots. From food to fashion, here are the five top (and best) Instagrammers to follow—all have Milwaukee roots.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
- Handle: well plated
- Followers: 85.5K
- Who: Erin Clarke, food-recipe developer
- Why follow: Clarke’s tight shots of food she’s cooked and baked will make your mouth water, including the one above of Berry Parfait Yogurt Popsicles. Images come from the recipes sprinkled onto her website, with both her blog and Instagram bearing the mantra, “making wholesome food taste incredible,” so you aren’t left hanging and can easily reproduce the goods in your home kitchen. Because she’s a transplant to Milwaukee, followers see the city through her fresh eyes. Her following has quickly grown, bolstered by her evolving love for all things food.
03 of 06
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
- Handle: everydaydrew
- Followers: 49.4K
- Who: Drew Westphal, fashion-grammer
- Why follow: Menswear and luxury products for hommes never looked this haute. Westphal—who grew up in a small Wisconsin town and now lives in Milwaukee—has the uncanny ability to create vignettes that tell a narrative, such as "5 p.m. essentials": a mason jar cocktail shaker, copper flask, cologne, whiskey, candle, and sunglasses. In another shot, he thoughtfully tucks a copy of Fast Company magazine into the arm of a block stripe button-down shirt. He gives props where they're due, with a special love for Milwaukee-made products.
04 of 06
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Handle: dudefoods
- Followers: 29K
- Who: Nick Chipman, food blogger
- Why Follow: Whether he’s tinkering in his kitchen (and photographing concoctions like the deep friend Qdoba burrito) or out on the town, Chipman’s photos and videos are all about comfort foods, like ribs at Texas Roadhouse or an ice-cream taco shell-crafted out of Cocoa Pebbles. He eats heartily on the road, too, like at Shake Shack in Vegas or Agora Café in Menomonee Falls, Wis. A word of warning: don’t follow this guy if you’ve got late-night hunger cravings and take-out places on speed-dial, or a pantry full of ingredients. Yes, he will make you that famished.
05 of 06
Timothy J. Reynolds
Continue to 6 of 6 below.
- Handle: turnislefthome
- Followers: 13.2K
- Who: Timothy J. Reynolds, 3D Illustrator
- Why Follow: Reynolds is a product designer, with clients such as the North Face (making tents and backpacks with his designs), who Instagrams news about his work. He also takes amazing shots, like the one of Milwaukee’s Hoan Bridge, taken from a boat beneath it. And he's worked with local organizations like the Milwaukee Film Festival. To get an insight into the mind of a 3D illustrator, he’s also generous enough to share photos of books he’s reading.
06 of 06
- Handle: _plate
- Followers: 4.8K
- Who: Kevin Miyazaki, freelance food/restaurant photographer
- Why Follow: A former staff photographer for Milwaukee Magazine, and now with his own firm (Plate Photography), Miyazaki still gives ample love to Brew City (like oysters on a bed of hay at Milwaukee’s Arden). He also proves he knows the world’s gastronomy scene through artsy photos taken on assignment for top-notch magazines, like a cheeseburger with a knife stabbed into the bun at Au Cheval in Chicago or lobster with habanero pepper and cold herbal soup in Merida, Mexico. You’ll never look at food the same way again!