The Disney Dream, one of four ships in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, emerged from dry dock in 2016 with some fun new spaces.
Fans of Star Wars are in for a huge treat. The Oceaneer Club for kids age 3 to 12 now includes a replica of the interior of the Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's iconic spaceship. The highly themed space is surrounded by interactive panels with over one thousand LED lights and hundreds of buttons and levers.
Blast Into Hyperspace
Kids can even sit in the cockpit and pilot the spacecraft to hyperspace and through a variety of scenes of space and planets.
Make Friends with R2-D2
Younglings in the Oceaneer Club can ask R2-D2 questions and enjoy his reactions.
May the Creative Force Be With You
Two seating areas aboard the Millennium Falcon feature a replica of the hologram chess table from the films, where kids can get creative through Star Wars-themed crafts, games and activities. For example, in the Galaxy Builders program, kids can build their own TIE fighter, X-Wing or other ships from the Star Wars universe using clay and foam.
Surprises for Star Wars Fans
During the open house at the Oceaneer Club, moms, dads, and teens can explore the Millennium Falcon along with younger kids. Be sure to look out for these Easter eggs:
- Chewbacca's bowcaster and bandolier
- A fun replica of the wall (shown here) where Han Solo and Princess Leia first kissed in "The Empire Strikes Back." This is a great photo opp for Mom and Dad.
- Seemingly random boxes that can be moved magically using "the Force." (Ask a counselor if you can't figure it out.)
- Buttons on the spacecraft's dashboard, which when pushed in the right sequence, that conjure up audio effects such as the sound of a TIE fighter, the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi or deep breathing of Darth Vader.
More About the Disney Dream
- Is Disney Cruise Line a Good Fit for Your Family?
- AquaDuck Water Coaster
- What's Included in Your Disney Cruise Fare
- Star Wars Day at Sea on the Disney Fantasy
Stay up to date on the latest family vacations getaway ideas, travel tips, and deals. Sign up for my free family vacations newsletter today!