Disney World is celebrating the holidays with its annual Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on 21 select nights in the Magic Kingdom between November 9 and December 22, 2017. It's one of many special holiday events throughout Disney World.
What happens during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?
The after-hours Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is an exclusive event that requires a separate ticket. Adults and children are treated to special holiday events inside Disney World's Magic Kingdom, including lively stage shows featuring Disney characters all dressed up for the holidays, a special holiday parade and well-loved holiday traditions including complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, and snow flurries on Main Street, U.S.A. Families can also enjoy rides and attractions, including the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
Highlights in 2017 include:
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration, which is new to the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage at Magic Kingdom, features Mickey and his pals hosting an unforgettable Christmas soiree filled with medleys of classic and contemporary holiday songs, and magical holiday projections on Cinderella Castle building to a sensational, snowy finale.
- Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle, which begins when the Fairy Godmother waves her wand and enchants the castle with sparkling white lights. Magnificent icicles seem to form over the parapets and towers of the royal palace, as the lights shimmer to a medley of Disney tunes.
- Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade. which features gingerbread men, elves and others dancing down Main Street, U.S.A. with Disney characters such as Goofy, Scrooge McDuck, Jiminy Cricket, Pooh, Tigger, and more—not to mention Santa wishing everyone a Merry Christmas from his sleigh.
- Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season, a fireworks spectacular in which brilliant white lights explode above Cinderella Castle. Watch for Tinker Bell as she soars into the sky over the crowds.
- Totally Tomorrowland Christmas, starring Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and Stitch, who fight holiday doldrums across the galaxy in a musical revue chock full of dance numbers.
- Celebrate the Season Show, in which Mickey gives a special present to Minnie. while Goofy, Donald and others get into the holiday spirit with their own version of The Nutcracker in this musical spectacle.
- Meet-and-greet opportunities throughout Magic Kingdom park with favorite Disney characters
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa
- A magical snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
How can you get tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
Tickets are currently on sale for $89-109 for adults and $84-$104 for kids ages 3 to 9, depending on dates chosen. You can order tickets on the Disney World website or by calling 407/939-5277.
The dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are:
- November – 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26, 28
- December – 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
More Christmas Highlights Around Disney World
- International Festival of the Holidays is a tasting tour that takes you around the globe at five new marketplaces. Indulge in duck confit and dumplings from the Alpine Haus Marketplace, celebrate with the shredded beef tamale from the Three Kings Feast Marketplace, toast with Williams Punch from the Germany Marketplace, and more.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is an all-new nighttime spectacular, sending beloved Disney animated characters on a spirited yuletide adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve. The show combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a dazzling holiday experience capped by a special message from Santa himself.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Holiday Party is a new dessert party themed to the show will be offered nightly, one hour prior to each performance, in the courtyard of the Chinese Theater. Guests who book this party enjoy holiday snacks, decadent desserts and specialty beverages.
- Santa Claus is at the Once Upon a Time on stage setting reflecting the bygone days of Santa’s visits to the great department stores of the U.S.
- Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail captures the spirit of the holidays, Guests can stroll among 15 custom decorated holiday trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme.
- Once Upon a Toy Fountain is where toys have magically come alive for an interactive holiday dance party nightly on the plaza. There’s pin trading, a nightly tree lighting ceremony and more.