May is the time of the year in Las Vegas where you start feeling the temperature rise and you are not sure if you are ready for summer to come so quickly. Remember, this is May heat and not middle of the summer warm temperatures so you'll be comfortable but never cool. Nighttime walks can sometimes require a sweater for those people who don't like the crisp desert air but for the most part part May weather is about as perfect as Las Vegas climate gets.
Average Temperatures in May in Las Vegas
- Average High Temperature in May in Las Vegas: 88 F (31.1 C)
- Average Low Temperature in May in Las Vegas: 60 F (15.5 C)
- Average Rainfall in May in Las Vegas: .28”
- Average Humidity in May in Las Vegas: 18%
Favorite things to do this month from the 100 Things to do in Las Vegas page:
- Check in to the Mandalay Bay just for the pool
- Take a day trip to Zion National Park
- Late Night at Marquee at Cosmopolitan
Pool Season in May in Las Vegas?
Yes, you will begin to feel the heat in May at the pools in Las Vegas, However, you can still get some relatively cool temperatures late in the day so you probably will not be soaking up the sun until dinner time.
Take a look at what they are offering and if it suits you, you can easily save a few dollars.
Walking Weather in May in Las Vegas?
The early afternoon walk is good this time of the year however; the mid afternoon sun and temperatures can get a tiny bit uncomfortable. If you are doing a good job of drinking water you’ll be fine but you should expect some perspiration to develop.
That’s right, sweat! No pain, no gain.
Golf Conditions in May in Las Vegas?
Twilight is where you want to be as prices start creeping up to play some courses. The weather can get warm but nothing you, a cart and a few drinks can’t handle.
Do you need real time weather? Check this list of resources for Las Vegas weather right at this moment.
Possible day trips in May in Las Vegas: Try Mt. Charleston if you want to hold on to some cool weather. A drive to the Grand Canyon in May is right before the summer crowds hit the National Park. The weather is better and still tolerable as you rive through the desert.
Something you should know about May in Las Vegas:
The summer season is about to begin in May and the hotels start offering some very good incentives to stay in Las Vegas. This is the month to work on your tan during the day and dress up at night. By July it’s just too warm to wear nice clothing.
Planning a trip? The best way to find a deal is with the proper Guide to Las Vegas. Get the information on prices, tickets, reservations and the best ways to compare what it will cost in Las Vegas.
Where You Should Go In Las Vegas?
- Check out our choices for the best Las Vegas hotel for you.
- The Best Las Vegas Restaurants
- Take a look at more shows in Las Vegas to help you plan your vacation.
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- The Best Nightclubs in Las Vegas?
- Need help finding your way? Use this Map of Las Vegas.
Need Las Vegas updates? Follow me on Twitter @ZekeQuezada