- Cruzin on Chenal Car Show at The Promenade at Chenal: Fun antique car show.
- Arkansas Fashion and Craft Show: Over 70 vendors. They are open for Mother's Day Shopping.
- Arts Center Summer Theater Academy Auditions: If your child is interested in attending the Arkansas Arts Center Summer Theater Academy intensive theater camp this summer, the auditions must be arranged this weekend.
- Star Wars Day and Barnes and Noble: At 7:00 p.m., join Barnes and Noble to celebrate Star Wars and learn to play Star Wars X-Wing at the North Little Rock and Little Rock Barnes and Noble.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Outdoor Movie at Highland Valley United Methodist Church: Sunset movie, with food truck, ice cream and FREE popcorn!. Bring your nonperishable food items. Admission is FREE!
- 7th Annual Therapeutic Recreation Arts Festival: From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. This event features hands on crafts, art, music, and entertainment, through the work of volunteers, for children and adults with special needs, but is open to everyone. Located at the Clear Channel Metroplex, 10800 Colonel Glenn Rd.
- Peace Love Goodwill 5K/10K/Half Marathon at Murray Park: This race has expanded to a half marathon this year.
- Territorial Fair at Historic Arkansas Museum: This is a great annual event. It's a free opportunity for adults and children of all ages to experience what life was like during Arkansas’s territorial era. Visitors will experience living history performances, historic gardens, blacksmith demonstrations, historical dances and pioneer games on the museum’s historic grounds, a preserved section of Little Rock’s oldest neighborhood.
- Spring Tour of Homes in the Hillcrest Historic District: The Quapaw Quarter Association (QQA) will host its 52nd Spring Tour on Mother's Day Weekend, May 7-8 in the Hillcrest Historic District. The 52nd Spring Tour will feature the homes at 516 Ridgeway, 478 Ridgeway, the Canby House at 420 Midland, the Ashcroft House at 444 Fairfax Avenue, and the Foster-Cochran House at 3724 Hill Road. Pulaski Heights Elementary School will also be open with student-led tours. The Candlelight Tour on Saturday evening will include the special additions of the house at 319 Midland, a champagne stop at the Storthz House at 450 Midland, and the chapel at Pulaski Heights Presbyterian Church, followed by a party in the church’s fellowship hall.
- Mother's Day Brunch Extravaganza at The Castle: The Castle at Stagecoach is now an event center and they host several brunches a year. Admission is $75 and includes brunch and access to activities on grounds.
- PAWS on the Runway: This is one of CARE's biggest fundraising events. Guests will enjoy food, beverages, and silent and live auctions while watching Little Rock’s movers and shakers strut down the runway. Tickets start at $50.
- Capital Tea at the Capital Hotel: The Capital Hotel hosts tea the first Saturday of every month Admission is $35 plus tax and gratuity ($44.68) or $45 plus tax and gratuity ($58.60) with a glass of champagne/sparkling wine.
- ASO Pops Live! The Movie Music of John Williams: This is a great way to introduce the Symphony to younger kids as they perform music from well known movies.
- Comic Con Little Rock: In Benton, admission is $10 for one day, or $15 for both days. Hours are Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- National Astronomy Days at Pinnacle Mountain: Join Central Arkansas Astronomical Society will help visitors learn more about the skies. Activities include solar viewing in the afternoon, special indoor programs, and viewing through telescopes from 9 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Indiafest: The River Market hosts a celebration of Indian culture.
- Petit Jean Heritage Day: History oriented programming will include a look back at Civil War times in Arkansas. Contact the park for a schedule.
- First Lady's Tea at the Governor's Mansion: Tickets are $50.
- Taste of the Rock 2016: From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Taste of The Rock brings together more than 30 chamber member restaurants, caterers, and distributors at the River Market for a celebration of food and drink.Tickets are $15 in advance; $20 at the gate.
- Star Wars Science After Dark: Science After Dark is aimed at adults at the Museum of Discovery. Admission is only $5. The third Thursday of every month.
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!