The Maryland Seafood Festival is an Annapolis tradition, an event held annually for more than 45 years, featuring The Capital Crab Soup Cook-off, live music performances, craft booths and family activities. Maryland’s top restaurateurs and chefs participate in a weekend festival showcasing the great seafood that the state has to offer while bringing people together from all over the East Coast. The Maryland Seafood Festival and the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) have partnered to bring the Maryland Fishing Challenge, featuring Diamond Jim finale to this year’s festival.
Dates and Times: September 9-10, 2017
Saturday - 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sandy Point State Park
Parking is limited at the park and there is a $5 fee per person, with a maximum of $10. Free Shuttle Service is available during the festival from Anne Arundel County Community College (West Campus Entrance), off of College Parkway.
General Admission: $15
Seniors (65 and older) $10
Kids age 12 and under are free
Maryland Fishing Challenge Finale
The finale will be held on Saturday at 11 a.m. Throughout the summer, DNR biologists will tag up to 600 striped bass. One of those tagged rockfish—named Diamond Jim—will be worth up to $25,000. The other fish, or imposters, will be worth $500. Anglers who caught tagged rockfish will break open envelopes during the finale to reveal whether their fish is Diamond Jim or an imposter. All anglers who caught award (citation) size fish will be entered into a raffle, with the grand prize of a Bass Boat from Bass Pro Shops.
A series of other prizes will be presented to other raffle winners.
- Crab Cake Eating Contest, Crab Picking Contest, Oyster Shucking Contest and Crab Soup Cook-off
- Musical line-up includes festival favorites- Kelly Bell Band, the Dublin Five and the Shatners, along with the new, soon-to-be favorite, the Leaf Jumpers from Connecticut and more
- Wine Tasting Row featuring unique regional wines from the mid-Atlantic based vineyards
- Beer Tasting and Oyster Tasting tent featuring 25 brews and homegrown oysters
- Arts and Crafts area shop until you drop visiting 50+ unique crafts
- Live touch and viewing tanks in a fun interactive exhibit
- Chef Demo Tent with complementary samples of their delectable menu item highlighting Maryland Seafood