The Maryland Seafood Festival is an Annapolis tradition, an event held annually for more than 50 years, featuring The Capital Crab Soup Cook-off, live music performances, craft booths and family activities. Maryland’s top restaurateurs and chefs participate in a weekend festival showcasing the great seafood that the state has to offer while bringing people together from all over the East Coast. Activities this year at the Maryland Seafood Festival include sand soccer and paddle-boarding,
When: Early September, typically the first weekend.
Sandy Point State Park
Parking is limited at the park and costs $10 for a pre-purchased parking pass. A limited number of parking spots are available for those without a pre-purchased parking pass, but the entrance fee to park is $20. Free Shuttle Service is available during the festival from Anne Arundel County Community College (West Campus Entrance), off of College Parkway.
General Admission: $15
Seniors (65 and older): $10
Kids age 12 and under are free
- Crab Cake Eating Contest, Crab Picking Contest, Oyster Shucking Contest and Crab Soup Cook-off
- Musical line-up with live performances
- Sand soccer tournament
- Beer Tasting and Oyster Tasting tent featuring 25 brews and homegrown oysters
- Arts and Crafts area shop until you drop visiting 50+ unique crafts
- Live touch and viewing tanks in a fun interactive exhibit
- Chef Demo Tent with complementary samples of their delectable menu item highlighting Maryland Seafood