The Maricopa County Home Shows are regular events, held several times each year. The shows typically alternates locations between the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Central Phoenix and the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
In past years, these shows have been known by several different names: Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, Maricopa County Home & Landscape Show, Maricopa County Summer Home & Garden Show, and the Maricopa County Fall Beautiful Home & Landscape Show.
When is the Next Maricopa County Home Show?
July 14, 15 and 16, 2017. That's Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
What are the hours?
Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here is the seminar schedule for both home improvement as well as Master Gardener seminars and workshops. These are included with your admission.
What Can You Expect to See and Do at the Maricopa County Home Show?
At the Maricopa County Home Shows you'll be able to take advantage of visiting hundreds of companies all in one place, displaying the latest and greatest products and designs for homes and gardens just like yours. The shows include not only exhibits, displays, and vendors, but also seminars and demonstrations, contests, workshops for kids, 'ask the experts' sessions, and more.
- Local artisans offer handmade items for sale, including home décor, personal care, innovative art and more.
- Free class from Arizona Handmade Soaps will teach you to craft customized eco-friendly bath bombs.
- Create free, stylish chalkboard art while learning how to decoupage, distress and antique your sign.
- Learn how to give your cabinets an easy update, install your own turf and putting green and more with free daily seminars from local professionals.
- Samplings and cooking demos using honey, including refreshing honey punch, cinnamon honey dip and honey pumpkin pie dip with the American Honey Princess.
- Get expert tips on how to garden in a container during the summer heat, prepare your yard for monsoon season, prep landscaping for fall and more from the University of Arizona Master Gardeners.
- Make your own beeswax candle, sample infused honey and observe a live bee hive at the AZ Queen Bee booth.
- Free wine tastings.
- Obedience demonstrations from Dog Training Elite.
What Does it Cost?
Admission is $8, ages 3-12 are $3, ages 2 and under are free. Cash only.
Where is This Show?
Here is a map with directions to University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Parking is not free. Bring cash. This location is not accessible by Valley Metro Rail.
Are There Any Discounted Tickets Available?
- 1/2 off admission with valid military identification.
- $2.50 admission for seniors age 60+ on Friday morning from 10 a.m. to noon
- Customer Appreciation is Friday evening, where admission is $2.50 for everyone between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Donate a new backpack and receive two free tickets at Gate 2. Alternatively, donate five of the following school supplies to receive one free ticket: 4-pack of glue sticks, 12-count box of No. 2 pencils, 12-count box of ballpoint pens, 8-count box of water-based markers, 16-count box of crayons, 4-pack of dry erase markets, single subject spiral-bound notebook, package of loose-leaf notebook paper, pocket folders or Scotch tape. Donations benefit Maricopa County Education Service Agency.
- Get a discount pass by signing up to receive emails from Maricopa County Home Shows. Here is that coupon page.
How to Get the Most Out of the Maricopa County Home and Garden Shows
1. Make a list of the projects or products that you are interested in for your home or garden. The vendor directory will help you narrow down the exhibitors that will be the most important to you.
2. Attend seminars. Take advantage of the free education and tips you can receive provided by people who know how to design, build, maintain or fix just that thing you want to tackle.
3. Don't be afraid to talk to exhibitors about your project needs.
4. Bring any important information about your projects with you, like measurements, small samples or sketches.<br/>
5. There may be both indoor and outdoor exhibits (depending on the location), so dress accordingly. Wear comfortable shoes, and plan on spending the whole day. A couple of hours just won't do it!
6. While the Home Show coordinators try to present only reputable vendors at the show, it is ultimately the buyer's responsibility to check out the exhibitors before contracting with them.
7. No scooter or wheelchair rentals are available here, and no pets are permitted.
8. Bring cash. No credit cards are accepted at the food court.
9. Bring a pen or pencil if you intend to sign up for any prizes or drawings.
10. Is your birthday during the month of the show? Bring photo ID to the information booth to receive a gift.
What If I Have More Questions?
For more details about the show, visit the Maricopa County Home Show online.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.