We may be thousands of miles away from New Orleans, but you can still celebrate Mardi Gras in Washington, D.C. This year, the nation's capital will celebrate with a festive parade along its newly opened waterfront in SW. Here's a guide to local Mardi Gras parties, parades, balls and family days. Mark your calendar and join in the fun!
- Mardis Gras District Wharf - February 13, 2018, 6-8 p.m. Wharf St. District Pier, Washington, D.C. Celebrate Fat Tuesday with a spirited parade along the DC waterfront, followed by a dance party on District Pier, and a spectacular display of fireworks. The parade will be set to the sounds of classic NOLA brass band music and feature custom-designed floats along with festive balloons and, of course, bead tossing. Plus, New Orleans-style food and drink will be available at all your favorite hangouts in honor of Mardi Gras.
- DC Mardi Party - February 10, 2018, 12-9 p.m. The New Orleans-style bar crawl features food and drink specials at five destinations in Chinatown: RFD, Fado, Jackpot, 10 Tavern and Rocket Bar. Enjoy live music, Mardi Gras beads, party masks, prizes and more.
- Sweet Spot Nation: Mardi Gras Edition - February 3, 2018, 7 p.m. Howard Theatre, 600 T St NW Washington, D.C. The high energy, heart-pounding, fist pumping, laugh-out-loud "Pop Erotica" burlesque* show stops in DC as it celebrates Mardi Gras at more than 30 cities around the country. Attendees should be ready to participate in fun games, birthday treats, and opportunities to win prizes.
- Mardi Gras Masquerade - 2018 Date to Be Announced, 8 p.m.-midnight. Sofitel Washington D.C., Lafayette Square, 806 15th Street NW Washington, D.C. Dance the night away to the best of New Orleans inspired live music and get transported to the Bourbon Street. Elegant masks and festive attire suggested.
- Clarendon Mardi Gras Parade & Ball - February 13, 2018. Wilson Boulevard and N. Barton Street, Arlington, VA. Celebrate Fat Tuesday at the family-friendly parade as it takes over the streets of Clarendon with floats, music, beads and fun. Enjoy live music and food at the first annual Mardi Gras Ball.
- Black Jack Mardi Gras - 2018 Date to Be Announced. 1612 14th St NW, Washington, D.C. New Orleans-style celebration. Guests will be made to feel as if they’re on Bourbon Street as the space will be transformed with elaborate carnival decorations, transporting patrons to the French Quarter, and the regular food and drink menu will change for the four-day period featuring Cajun-style classics. A funk band will perform on opening day and will close out the festivities on Mardi Gras.
- Union Market Mardi Gras Extravaganza - February 13, 2018, 5-10 p.m. Union Market Doc 5, 1309 5th Street NE Washington, D.C. The event will bring together 20+ of the DC area's best Southern-inspired restaurants, top mixologists, bar and breweries and rotating bands to benefit DC Central Kitchen and St. Bernard Project.