March brings spring to New Orleans. The average high in March is 71° F, the average low is 52° F, and the average rainfall is 5.2 in. The azaleas and bridelwreath are in bloom and the city looks beautiful. The weather is perfect and it's time for spring.
6th St. Joseph's Day Parade in the French Quarter.
St. Patrick's Day March 16
St. Joseph's Day March 19
The Month at a Glance
- March 2-4 New Orleans Home & Garden Show at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- March 4 RICHARD STRAUSS' SALOME (8:00pm) at the Mahalia Jackson Theater
- Mar 02 Hornets vs. Dallas Mavericks 7:00 PM in the New Orleans Arena
- Mar 3-4 Soul Fest at the Audubon Zoo.
- Mar 03 Hornets vs. Indiana Pacers 7:00 PM in the New Orleans Arena
- Mar 2-10 NOLA Fashion Week
- Mar 04 The Rock n' Roll Marathon
- Mar 08 - 10 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament in the New Orleans Arena
- Mar 10 St. Joseph's Day Parade in French Quarter 6 pm
- Mar 12 Hornets vs. Charlotte Bobcats 7:00 PM
- 12th - 13th - Soul Fest at the Audubon Zoo
- 12th - St Patrick's Day Parade in the Irish Channel
- Mar 14 Hornets vs. LA Lakers 7:00 PM
- Mar 14 - April 15 Disney's The Lion King at the Mahalia Jackson Theater
- Mar 15 Hornets vs. Washington Wizards 7:00 PM
- Mar 17-19 Earth Fest at the Audubon Zoo.
- Mar 18 New Orleans Voodoo vs. Philadelphia Soul 3:00 PM
- 19th - Italian-American St. Joseph's Day Parade in the French Quarter
- Mar 21 Hornets vs. Golden State Warriors 7:00 PM
- Mar 22 Hornets vs. LA Clippers 7:00 PM
- Mar 21-15 Fashion Week New Orleans
- Mar 23- April 1 Spring Fiesta
- Mar 23 New Orleans Roadfood Festival
- Mar 23 New Orleans Voodoo vs. Milwaukee Mustangs 7:30 pm
- Mar 24 Faberge Easter Egg Hunt in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden from 11 am to 1 pm.
- Mar 24 Taste at the Lake
- Mar 24 Hornets vs. San Antonio Spurs 7:00 PM
- On the 24-25 The Congo Square Music Festival
- 21 - 25th - Tennessee Williams Literary Festival in the French Quarter
- 23th - 25th - New Orleans Roadfood Festival 300 - 600 blocks of Royal Street in the French Quarter