Consult this detailed map of France, which is ideal for planning your trips throughout France between the major French cities. The map displays travel times both by train and by road. Get help planning your France travel itinerary with this map of France travel times.
Train and Road Travel Times From Paris to Other French Cities
Please note that these times are an estimate. Train travel times, especially, can vary wildly depending on the type of train and any connections. These are the best times you will typically find, and may require riding France's TGV, or high-speed rail.
This map can also help you decide whether to drive or take the train, as the travel times can be dramatically shorter by rail in some instances. Also, it can help you decide on outside trips from Paris. A city you think is too far away may be within reach. Bordeaux, for instance, is just three hours from Paris by TGV, cutting the time nearly in half from driving times.
In summary, the travel times are:
- Paris to Avignon - 2 hours, 30 minutes (train) and 6 hours, 40 minutes (road)
- Paris to Bordeaux - 3 hours (train) and 5 hours, 40 minutes (road)
- Paris to Calais - 1 hour, 30 minutes (train) and 2 hours, 55 minutes (road)
- Paris to Lyon - 2 hours (train) and 4 hours, 30 minutes (road)
- Paris to Nice - 5 hours, 30 minutes (train) and 9 hours (road)
- Paris to Rennes - 2 hours (train) and 3 hours, 30 minutes (road)
- Paris to Strasbourg - 4 hours (train) and 4 hours, 30 minutes (road)
- Paris to Toulouse - 5 hours (train) and 6 hours, 30 minutes (road)
Paris Attractions Map
A map of Paris' top attractions and sights. The map is below the ad. The key to the map is:
- Le Louvre
- Hotel de Ville
- Eiffel Tower
- Arc de Triomphe
- Sacre Coeur
- Notre Dame de Paris
- Ile Saint Louis
- Luxembourg Palace and Jardin du Luxembourg
- Musee d’Orsay
- Tour Montparnasse
- Les Halles
- George Pompidou Centre
- Place de la Bastille and Opera Bastille
- Pigalle Place
- Also see my list of Top Paris Attractions and Top Free Paris Attractions.