Las Vegas is very good at using its extra space, and Mandalay Place at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is an excellent example of what Las Vegas does best. When it is hot outside, you don't want to walk along Las Vegas Blvd., so why not keep you indoors and comfortable as you move from one hotel to another?
Mandalay Place is a corridor between the Luxor Las Vegas and the Mandalay Bay. It is lined with specialty shops with quite a few places to have a drink or a meal, and it keeps you inside. If you need a good happy hour, you'll find it at Hussong's or Burger Bar, and if you need a slice of pizza, you can get it at Slice of Vegas. Ri Ra Irish Pub will greet you with fish and chips and plenty of beer while Minus5 Ice lounge will keep your drink very cold as you sit in an ice bar.
The walkway filled with shops gets you to the Mezzanine level of Luxor Las Vegas, and if you walk through the casino at Luxor, you can find another corridor (without shops) that leads you to Excalibur hotel. You can walk from Mandalay Bay to Excalibur without ever going outside. Or you could just take the free monorail as well.
While at Mandalay Place
- Sample the cocktails at Rx Boiler Room. Handcrafted drinks, good food, and a lively atmosphere.
- Indulge in a margarita and chips and guacamole at Hussong's. Overeat, go ahead because all we ever really need is chips, salsa, and avocado.
- Get cleaned up at the Art of Shaving with a haircut and a straight razor shave. You'll good after that.
- Grab an image of your tongue at Lick. Yes, a candy store that is excited about the changes in color that their candy will bring to your mouth. Vegas!
- Ri Ra Irish Bar is exactly what you need if you are not into shopping but your significant other really wants to do the rounds of the shops and boutiques at Mandalay Place. Great atmosphere and plenty of space for the sports fan or the live music lover. This is a genuine pub, so do your best to drink up.
Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino Location
3950 S Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV (702) 632-7777
Overview, Hours, and Valet
Mandalay Place is built on a walkway between the Mandalay Bay and Luxor hotel with 41 shops and restaurants. Walk into 55-Degree Wine and see their display of fine wines or have a Kobe Burger at the Burger Bar. They have done a good job of making high-end shops seem inviting. You do not see as many pretentious salespeople at Mandalay Place as you often get at some of the other hotel shopping areas.
Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight.
Valet: Yes, valet is available at the hotel and in the west side parking garage. Self-parking is free for the first hour.
Restaurants at Mandalay Place
- The Burger Bar
- Slice of Vegas
- RM seafood
Shops at the Mandalay Place
- Footwear: Shoe Obsession
- Health and Beauty: The Art of Shaving
- Jewelry: Karma and Luck and The Jewelers of Las Vegas
- Apparel: Chapel Hats, Elton's Men's Store, Flip Flop Shops, Nora Blue, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Store on the Green, Suite 160, and The Las Vegas Sock Market
- Specialty Stores: Cariloha, GUINNESS Store, LICK, LUSH, Store on the Green, and Tumi