For breathtaking views, unique entertainment, delicious food, and plenty of space to relax, there's no other place quite like the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
Located at the south end of the Strip between the Four Seasons and Luxor, Mandalay Bay offers over 4,400 rooms featuring modern amenities like 42-inch flat-screen televisions, floor-to-ceiling windows, and soaking tubs. For an additional fee, guests can book rooms with seating areas and bars as well as those equipped with surround-sound speakers for optimal movie enjoyment.
While you're staying in the hotel, you'll also have access to amenities like the 11-acre beach, pool, and lazy river complex, which features a topless optional area and a wave pool for all ages. Other great features of Mandalay Bay include the shark aquarium and below-water viewing deck, upscale shopping, live performances and shows, and destination dining.
Highlights at Mandalay Bay Hotel Las Vegas
- Kumi Japanese Restaurant: The crispy rice can't be missed, but the fresh fish will have you coming back a few times.
- Michael Jackson "ONE": Presented by Cirque du Soleil, this dazzling tribute features the music of this iconic pop star and circus acts by one of the best circus groups in the world.
- The Beach at Mandalay Bay: This expansive attraction is truly the highlight of the resort. You cannot go to Las Vegas and miss the warm sand, waves, and lazy pool at arguably the best pool complex on the Las Vegas strip.
- Spa Mandalay: Get a seasonal spa treatment and then sit in the steam room long enough for all of your pores to open up and release the stress you have been carrying around with you.
- Red Square: This cocktail bar is highly rated for its unique Vodka concoctions, which are available most of the day.
What to Expect
When you walk into the Mandalay Bay it just feels nice. Things just look cleaner and the natural light that comes into the lobby instantly makes you feel as if you bypassed Las Vegas and ended up in some tropical locale that will rejuvenate you.
Located at the southern end of the Las Vegas strip, the Mandalay Bay Resort is the type of resort that is both classy and hip. While the Bellagio may boast about high-end everything, the Mandalay Bay exists on its own level of luxury. If you’re looking for great restaurants, great entertainment, an incredible pool, and authentic Las Vegas gaming action in an elegant and upscale location, this is it.
Spend the extra money and take full advantage of what the Mandalay Bay has to offer. Walk over to the eye candy sound lounge and listen to the music while you enjoy a drink or two and then order a Martini at Red Square before you decide on dinner at StripSteak or Aureole. Ask for a room with a view of the Las Vegas strip and you might be treated to a look right up Las Vegas Blvd.
Rooms at the Mandalay Bay Resort
The Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino complex boasts over 4,400 rooms for guest rentals, each of which offers views of the strip, the pool, or the red rocks of the distant mountains through floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is also equipped with a spacious bathroom complete with separate showers and tubs that feature Jacuzzi jets.
It is possible to opt for a high floor strip view, but the price can skyrocket on weekends when demand for these luxury rooms go up. However, good deals can be found with a little research to reduce the cost. If you don't mind spending a little more, you can also stay at The Delano Hotel at Mandalay Bay, a boutique hotel that is part of the main resort. You'll get larger rooms with separate living areas and sleeping areas as well as more modern decor with separate check-in lobby and valet.
Pros and Cons of the Mandalay Bay Resort
When it comes to luxury resorts in Las Vegas, the pros far outnumber the cons of the Mandalay Bay Resort.
Amenities are plentiful at Mandalay Bay: The Beach is truly the ultimate pool, complete with a wave pool and lazy river; the Red Square is full of delicious cocktails; there are fire performers throughout the resort; wine is even served by a bungee jumping wine steward at one location. Other great amenities include the Shark Reef Aquarium, the House of Blues, the Burger Bar for late-night snacks, and the Skyfall Lounge for late-night drinks.
However, the price is a major drawback to the resort's reputation. Many guests don't like the high price of rooms and additional entertainment options—including dining—and some complain that a number of other guests can seem a bit pretentious. Additionally, the pool gets crowded and rooms often book up on the weekends.
Mandalay Bay Resort General Information
- Address: Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino
3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Phone Number: 1-877-632-7000
- Website: Mandalay Bay Resort
- Pictures: Hotel Photo Tour
- Restaurants: Citizens Kitchen and Bar, Aureole, Trattoria del Lupo, Border Grill, Red Square, The House of Blues, Fleur by Hubert Keller, The Noodle Shop, Slice of Vegas, Bay Side Buffet, Rivea, RiRa Irish Pub, Hussong's Cantina, Kumi Japanese Restaurant, Burger Bar, RM Seafood, StripSteak, Turf Club Deli, and the food court.
- Entertainment: Michael Jackson ONE, Shark Reef Aquarium
- Nightclubs, Lounges, and Bars: House of Blues, Red Square, Skyfall at Delano, and eyecandy sound bar and lounge
- Spa: Spa Mandalay
- Wedding Chapel: Through Wedding Resources
- Shopping: Through Shopping Resources, Mandalay Place