Magic Mountain offers 1-day and annual passes, but no multi-day discounts. Tickets and season passes without specific dates printed on them are valid during the current operating season (which usually means they expire on December 31 of the year they were purchased).
Check the current ticket prices on the Six Flags Magic Mountain website
- General Admission: Purchase at the gate but much less expensive online (see below)
- Choose Your Day: Pick the exact day you would like to go, at least one day in advance, and save money.
- Children under 48 inches tall (any age)
- Ages 2 and under: Free
- Season Pass One Park: Buy early and save. A season pass will cost the same as a one-day pass.
- Flash Pass: Visit the ride, and your FLASH Pass reserves your place and alerts you when it's your turn, avoiding the lines.
- Private VIP Tours: Private guided tour, front of the line privileges, preferred parking, reserved show seating, unlimited food & beverages.
- Parking: Additional cost for parking, including preferred and valet. Purchase online when you buy your tickets
Hurricane Harbor water park requires a separate ticket. Buy it online.
Getting Magic Mountain Tickets Online
At some times of the year, Magic Mountain offers discounts if you buy your tickets online one to five days ahead of your visit. However, that's a risky strategy if you can only go on one specific day because wind or rain can close many of the rides and Magic Mountain does not give refunds or rain checks because of weather. Before you decide to buy ahead of time, check the long-range weather forecast.
Magic Mountain tickets purchased online are only set up for at-home printing. If you’re using a mobile device and don’t have access to a printer, don’t buy your parking online - you won’t have a pass to show when you arrive. The person who purchased the tickets can go to Guest Relations to pick them up. Take a photo ID, the credit card used to buy the tickets, and the email receipt or order confirmation number.
Buying Tickets Using a Desktop Computer
Their system is set up for you to print the tickets at home and bring them with you. You have to assign a name to each ticket before you print it — and for security reasons (which include discouraging online fraud), each guest must show a photo ID that matches the name on the ticket. Only young children without Student ID will be allowed entry without ID.
If you don't have a printer, you can go to Guest Relations at the park where they can look up your order and print your tickets. To do that, you will need to take the credit card used to purchase the tickets, a photo ID, and your email receipt or order confirmation number.
If you can't print your tickets at home, it's best not to pay for parking ahead of time because you won't have anything to show proof of purchase to the parking attendant.
Buying Tickets Using the Six Flags App
If don't have a desktop computer and a printer, you can download the Six Flags Mobile App and use it to buy tickets and parking passes. It's also useful for getting ride wait times, checking restaurant menus and managing your day in the park.
More Easy Ways to Get Magic Mountain Discounts
You can get discounts at the gate or online through a promotion with Coca-Cola. You can get details of the program and discount amounts at the Magic Mountain website.
If you also plan to visit other Southern California attractions on your trip, the Go Los Angeles Card might be a big money-saver.
At some times of the year, you may be able to get discounted tickets through Goldstar. Goldstar is a free service and well worth signing up to get great discounts on all kinds of activities.
Ask about discount passes to Magic Mountain at your work or through any organizations you belong to.
AAA members can show their card at the ticket booth to get discounts on general admission (good for up to six discounted tickets). They can also get discounts on some in-park merchandise.
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor offers a discount to active members of the military or a veteran, you can discount on up to four general admission tickets with your valid U.S. military ID.
Coupons, Discounts, and Promotions
Promotions and coupons come and go, but these are some of the most common and long-lived. To use any of them, you'll have to stand in line at the ticket booth.
- Area stores such as Ralph's grocery store and Costco sometimes offer discount coupons for Six Flags Magic Mountain, as do fast food joints.
- Mouse Savers publishes a list of other ways to get discounts that can sometimes be useful.