The Bottom Line
Three of us went to lunch at Macaroni Grill. We ordered two appetizers, three appetizers, one side caesar salad, and one dessert. Excluding beverages, tax and tip, the bill came to about $20 per person.
- Dinner prices at Macaroni Grill are reasonable
- Large portions, good for sharing
- Nice selections on kid's menu
- Macaroni Grill can be very noisy
- Lunch prices high for an everyday lunch
- I like their house Chianti in those big water glasses! Can't beat the price, either.
- Macaroni Grill is open for every day of the week.
- Family Style Meals to go from Macaroni Grill serve 8-10 people.
- Macaroni Grill is open for lunch and dinner. There are several low-fat choices on the menu.
- Romano's Macaroni Grill is a chain, with restaurants in nearly every state in the U.S.
- There are six locations of Macaroni Grill in the greater Phoenix area.
- With paper on the tables, you are encouraged to draw and track your wine consumption with crayons.
- Date of Review: 2005
Guide Review - Macaroni Grill
We have been to Macaroni Grill many times over the years, and we always enjoy it. The food is good and consistent, the service is always attentive and friendly, the honor-system house chianti (you let them know how many you had) is a bargain and double sized-servings. Macaroni Grill's bread rivals some of the best in town.
On occasion I've asked for a loaf to go.
On this trip we all decided to try something we never had had before. We ordered the Calamari Fritti appetizer and the Shrimp & Artichoke Dip. The calamari at Macaroni Grill was tender and fresh, and the pesto sauce was a welcome addition to the traditional marinara served.
We haven't come across and equivalent to the shrimp and artichoke dip anywhere else, yet, and it is served with thin garlic toasts--no dull tortilla chips here.
The Shrimp Portofino at Macaroni Grill was good and garlicky, but also a bit salty. The Veal Saltimbocca was nice and buttery tasting, and the Lobster Lasagna was the hit of the day. I hope they keep it on the menu as permanent offering.
For dessert we tried the signature item, the Dessert Ravioli. Very sweet, filled with chocolate and caramel and served with ice cream, these were three big raviolis. After eating as much food as we did, one dessert was more than enough for three of us to share.