In August 2015, Canada's first stand-alone Christian Dior boutique opened in the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. The Dior boutique didn't just make the news because it was a first for Canada: at 7,000 square feet, it is the largest Christian Dior boutique in North America. Yes, larger than any Dior boutique in Los Angeles or New York. Prada followed with a flagship store in 2016. These brands join other high-end luxury retailers on Alberni Street in downtown Vancouver, sometimes referred to as Vancouver's "Luxury Zone."
Vancouver is one of the top destinations in North America for luxury shoppers. Use this Guide to find all the luxury brands in Vancouver, in the downtown "Luxury Zone" and in specially-curated boutiques around the city.
Luxury Brands in Vancouver's Downtown Luxury Zone
Most visitors to Vancouver have heard of Robson Street, downtown Vancouver's most famous shopping destination. While Robson Street will suit most travelers, visitors, and locals who want luxury brands head to Alberni Street, which runs parallel to Robson one block to the north.
Sometimes referred to as Vancouver's "Luxury Zone" or "Luxury Row", Alberni Street and its environs are home to the majority of luxury brands in Vancouver, including:
- Burberry - inside the Hotel Shangri-La, 1101 Alberni Street
- Escada - 710 Thurlow Street
- Tiffany & Co - 723 Burrard Street
- Hermes - 755 Burrard Street
- Louis Vuitton - inside the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 730 Burrard Street
- Christian Dior - inside the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 730 Burrard Street
- Gucci - inside the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 900 W Georgia Street
- Ferragamo - 918 Robson Street
Luxury Brands at Holt Renfrew, Vancouver's Luxury Department Store
Most travelers to Canada don't know Holt Renfrew, a high-end Canadian department store similar to Saks Fifth Avenue in the U.S.
Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver's shopping district--and just two blocks from the Alberni Street Luxury Zone--Holt Renfrew specializes in men's and women's fashion and fashion accessories (there are no housewares). They carry both international luxury brands--including Badgley Mischka and Missoni--and high-end Canadian designers.
Savvy shoppers should hit Holt Renfrew during sales periods--July is a great time to shop there--for discounts on fashion you won't easily find elsewhere.
Luxury Brands & High-End Fashion at Vancouver Boutiques
Some folks with enough money for luxury shopping may prefer to shop at these incredibly-curated high-end boutiques, which include both luxury brands and harder to find high-end fashion.
- Boboli (2776 Granville Street) - This boutique in South Granville's shopping district has high-end fashion for women and men, including Issey Miyake and Stella McCartney.
- Misch (2960 Granville Street) - This boutique--just down the street from Boboli in South Granville--specializes in emerging designers like Forte.Forte, Faliero Sarti, and Isabel Marant.
- Secret Location (1 Water Street) - This ultra chic boutique in Gastown has a fabulous collection of pop-art fashion, including shoes from Giannico and bags from Hermes.
For housewares, there's a Versace Home (310 W Cordova Street) in Gastown, the world's first "comprehensive" Versace Home flagship store.