01 of 12
Summertime Villa, Calangute
Goa is a popular destination for families and friends traveling together, and renting an entire villa is an excellent way of getting some privacy -- not to mention the extra perks, such as not having to share the swimming pool with other people! (These gorgeous villa hotels in Goa can also be rented as a whole, as well as per room).
If you want to be close to the action in Calangute but feel like you're a world away from it, Summertime Villa in Goa is the perfect choice. The owners have spared no expense in creating this this luxury private villa, which has been newly constructed and opened in October 2015. The bright, modern and elegant interiors are filled with many items that have been handpicked and imported from Bali. A magnificent infinity swimming pool is the centerpiece at the villa. There's also a diverse collection of books, movies, and board games for entertainment. What's more, the owners have a 42 foot luxury yacht called The Solita, and guests of the villa get... a discount.
Continue to 2 of 12 below.
- Location: 10 minutes inland from Candolim, Calangute and Baga beaches.
- Rooms: Three enormous suites (two upstairs and one downstairs). The master Koi Suite opens out onto a fish pond.
- Meals: In-house staff cook fresh Goan, Asian, Indian and Continental food for guests, featuring organic produce from the garden. Many dishes are the owners' family favorites.
- Price: From about 30,000 rupees per night, plus tax, for the entire villa. Airport transfers, breakfast, and wireless Internet are included. A minimum three night stay is required.
- More Information: Spectacular Summertime Luxury Villa in Goa
- Read Reviews and Book Summertime Villa on Tripadvisor
02 of 12
Villa Alina, Calangute
This atmospheric and much loved ancestal home was built in 1926, on a then-deserted stretch of Calangute beach, and named after the owner's wife. The family have regularly enjoyed spending time at the villa to escape the cold London winter. It has been restored to its former glory, with the addition of modern comforts, and now accommodates appreciative guests from all around the world. Although Calangute has become the most developed and busiest beach in Goa, sprawling Villa Alina remains an exceptionally tranquil sanctuary in the heart of the action. The huge size of the villa ensures there's plenty of space for everyone too! Massages, yoga, and beauty treatments are available on request. There are also hammocks for chilling under the palm trees by the pool.
Continue to 3 of 12 below.
- Location: A few minutes walk from the ocean on Calangute beach, north Goa.
- Rooms: Six bedrooms in the main house, plus two bedrooms in the separate beach house (these are only rented out along with the main house).
- Meals: B...reakfast is provided, but other than that the villa is self-catering (although it has a cleaner and housekeeper). Barbecues can be arranged. There are plenty of restaurants and beach shacks nearby if guests don't feel like cooking.
- Price: From about 315,000 rupees per week, or 45,000 rupees per day for the main house. Rooms in the beach house, if required, are additional. A minimum four night stay is required.
- Read Reviews and Book Villa Alina on Tripadvisor
03 of 12
La Casetta, Candolim
Contemporary La Casetta is a newly constructed property in a plush gated community of 10 row house villas, set around a common swimming pool. The villa is situated in a very convenient location close to shops and restaurants, and is great value for money. Its design was inspired by Geoffrey Bawa, an influential Sri Lankan architect renowned for his distinctive "tropical modernist" style. Belgian hotelier and interior designer Lou Lou Van Damme has simply yet tastefully decorated the villa in a way that gives it an earthy feel. (Lou Lou built the three Avanilaya villas, in Aldona in north Goa's hinterland). The master bedroom, named La Sala d'Amore (the Room of Love), features regal accents and a Maharaja-style sculptured bed.
Continue to 4 of 12 below.
- Location: On Fort Aguada Road, next to the Novotel Shrem hotel. It's about 10 minutes walk to Candolim beach.
- Rooms: Three bedrooms.
- Meals: The villa has small but functional kitchenette. A cook can be arranged to come and prepare meals at an... additional cost.
- Price: From 14,000 rupees per night for the whole villa. Breakfast is included. A minimum three night stay is required.
- More Information: La Casetta Website
04 of 12
Riverview Villa, Canacona
Want to get away from the crowds in north Goa? This leafy villa is situated on the banks of the Talpona River in serene south Goa. It has plenty of wow-factor, including a river-facing terrace and riverside pavilion with day beds, where you can while away the hours and enjoy mesmerizing sunsets. The only drawback is that there's no swimming pool. However, two of south Goa's best beaches are nearby.
Continue to 5 of 12 below.
- Location: A few kilometers from Palolem and Patnem beaches.
- Rooms: Only two, making it a fabulous private getaway.
- Meals: There's a fully-equipped kitchen, and a housekeeper looks after the villa and cooks for guests.
- Price: From 17,500 rupees per night for the whole villa. Breakfast, laundry, and wireless Internet are included.
- More Information: Riverview Villa Website
05 of 12
Casa Bottu Pool Villa, Chorao Island
Hop onto a ferry and leave your cares behind as you head to this rustic Portuguese house on Chorao Island, where you can experience village life and Goa's rural charm. The villa has been lovingly restored, and blends traditional architecture and antique furniture with modern touches and influences from various parts of the world. Its setting is idyllic, surrounded by coconut palms, fruit trees, and tropical garden. The swimming pool and sundeck, at the rear, are totally private -- and there are no noise restrictions, making it ideal for parties and other celebrations. Chorao Island is popular for bird watching (you may even see peacocks roaming around villa) and is home to the Dr Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary. Guests can explore the backwaters by boat, as well as go cycling along trails.
Continue to 6 of 12 below.
- Location: Chorao Island, along the Mandovi River not far from Panjim. It's easily accessible by regular ferries from Ribandar (between Panjim and Old Goa).
- Rooms: Four air-conditioned bedrooms with... three huge aesthetically-designed bathrooms.
- Meals: There's a well-equipped kitchen with modern appliances for guests to use. A Weber charcoal grill is also provided for poolside barbecues. The fun caretaker is a great cook and will prepare meals too.
- Price: From about 30,000 rupees for two nights for the whole villa. A minimum two night stay is required.
- Read Reviews and Book Island Pool Villa on Tripadvisor
06 of 12
Little Paradise Cottage, Assagao
Bright and funky, Little Paradise Cottage is a fabulous fit in Goa's fashionable Assagao village. You'll find numerous yoga retreats, trendy boutiques, and cafes and restaurants in the area. This Portuguese cottage is owned by a designer, who has totally transformed it from its once rundown condition. Walls have been knocked out inside, making it open and spacious. The exterior has also been given a facelift. There are large bay windows, private sitting spaces, and even a small plunge pool connected to the patio. The rear dining room opens out onto a porch and garden with hammock for lazy days. It really is a little piece of paradise in Goa!
Continue to 7 of 12 below.
- Location: On the outskirts of Assagao village, about five minutes from Mapusa in north Goa. It's less than five kilometers from Vagator and Anjuna beaches.
- Rooms: Two bedrooms, one upstairs (with its own balcony) and one downstairs.
- Meals: The housekeeper prepares delicious gourmet meals, but he doesn't cook full-time. Hence, the... villa is partly self-catering.
- Price: 10,000 rupees per night, for two people and the entire cottage. A minimum three night stay is required. Discounts are offered for longer stays.
- More Information: Little Paradise Cottage Website
07 of 12
Shunya Noi Varo, Siolim
Noi Varo is a hip and minimalist restored Portuguese villa belonging to the Shunya group. Shunya was formed by a Indian creative director turned social entrepreneur and his Scandinavian interior designer partner. They have two other boutique villas in Goa -- Kaju Varo in Ashwem and the new Yoga Varo. Noi Varo, surrounded by forest and sitting by the riverside in north Goa, is a haven for relaxation and indulgence. Facilities include a garden swimming pool, sun decks, and a river-view tree house!
Continue to 8 of 12 below.
- Location: 10 minutes from Vagator beach and 20 minutes from Ashwem beach.
- Rooms: Three air-conditioned bedrooms.
- Meals: The villa has a professionally-trained, in-house chef that prepares mouthwatering gourmet fusion meals for guests.
- Price: From $500 (34,000 rupees) per night for the whole villa, including breakfast. A minimum two night stay is required. For stays longer than five nights, complimentary transfers and two meals will be provided.
- More Information: Shunya Noi Varo Website
08 of 12
The Brook, Socorro
The Brook provides a wonderful opportunity to discover Goa beyond the beaches. Nature walks, paddy fields, and gently flowing river await in the unspoiled area surrounding it. The villa, built in 2014, was designed by a renowned Goan architect. Lord Tennyson's poem The Brook served as inspiration for its name, and the names of the villa's bedrooms ("Driftwood", "Pebbles", "Sunbeam", "Waterbreak"’ and "Stonyway"). Each has its own patio with views of nature, and one opens out onto the infinity pool. There's also an organic vegetable garden. The secluded location, substantial common spaces, and uplifting feel of the villa make it ideal for retreats and workshops of all kinds.
- Location: Socorro (Succour) village near Porvorim in north Goa. The closest beaches are Candolim, Calangute and Baga, around 12 kilometers away.
- Rooms: Four bedrooms, five bathrooms.
- Meals: Home-cooked Goan meals are available on request.
- Price: From 25,000 rupees... per night for the whole villa, including breakfast. A minimum three night stay is required.
Continue to 9 of 12 below.
- More Information: The Brook Website
09 of 12
The Inner Temple, Moira
This carefully restored Portuguese home is situated in a sleepy heritage village along Goa's backwaters that, apart from being known for its banana plantations, is starting to wake up and attract many creative professionals. There's a growing cultural hub in the village, including an art gallery and accommodations for artists. The Inner Temple, which opened in early 2016, is a fitting addition to the community. As its name suggests, it's a space to relax and rejuvenate in a calming environment. You won't find a TV in the villa (although there is wireless Internet), neither are parties encouraged. Instead, guests can swim, read, and enjoy spending time with loved ones. The living room, with its abundance of natural light, transforms into a yoga and meditation studio during workshops. There's also a dedicated massage/spa room for personalized Ayurvedic treatments and Swedish massage.
Continue to 10 of 12 below.
- Location: Moira village, inland between Mapusa and Aldona in north Goa.
- Rooms: Three... bedrooms.
- Meals: The caretaker will cook simple but tasty meals for an additional fee.
- Price: From 15,000 rupees per night for the whole villa, including breakfast.
- More Information: The Inner Temple Website
- Read Reviews and Book with Saffron Stays
10 of 12
The Villa Goa and Villa Jardim, Assagao
The Villa Goa and Villa Jardim are two separate villas on a private estate. Villa Goa, the main villa, is a 200 year old restored Indo-Portuguese mansion with rooms arranged around a central courtyard. Villa Jardim, in the garden behind the mansion, is a newly constructed (albeit traditional-style) villa with a picturesque position overlooking the swimming pool. Exclusive yoga classes, yoga therapy, bodywork and massage are offered to guests.
Continue to 11 of 12 below.
- Location: Assagao village in north Goa.
- Rooms: Five bedrooms in total. Three bedrooms in Villa Goa and two bedrooms in Villa Jardim. The villas can be booked separately or both together.
- Meals: A European chef cooks healthy gourmet Mediterranean meals that are complemented by a selection of Indian and imported wines.
- Price: From 16,000 rupees per night for Villa Jardim. From 24,000 rupees per night for Villa Goa. Expect to pay 40,000 rupees per night upwards for both villas together. There are discounted rates for stays of one week or more.... Transfers and breakfast are included.
- More Information: The Villa Goa Website
11 of 12
Coco Shambhala, Nerul
Coco Shambhala is a collection of four stylish, sumptuous architecturally-designed villas that have been voted among the 25 Best Beach Villas in the World by Conde Nast Traveller magazine in the UK. The aim is to provide guests with a unique, personalized experience that exceeds expectations. No doubt, they're succeeding. Each villa has eclectic professionally decorated interiors, stunning tree-top living room with open deck and panoramic vistas, private plunge pool, and tropical jungle garden. Wine courses, culinary master classes, and bespoke private dining experiences are offered. There's also an Ayurvedic spa on the premises.
Continue to 12 of 12 below.
- Location: Behind Coco Beach, in Nerul village, north Goa. It's roughly between Panjim and Calangute.
- Rooms: Each villa has two large bedrooms.
- Meals: Food is a highlight at Coco Shambhala. The property has a dedicated kitchen, and dishes are crafted by an in-house Director of Cuisine and culinary team.
- Price: From 30,000 rupees per night, and... 175,000 rupees per week, for the entire villa. This includes transfers, breakfast, daily maid service, and car and driver. A minimum three night stay is required.
- More Information: Coco Shambhala Website
12 of 12
The "Elsewhere" Beach Houses, Mandrem
Want to stay right on the beach without anyone else around? Head straight to the 'Elsewhere' Beach Houses. This rare and difficult to find private property is accessed via a bamboo footbridge across a creek, which separates it from the rest of the world. It's perfect for anyone wanting to get away from it all and relax. There are four characterful, restored ancestral houses directly on the beach facing the ocean. The houses, which were were built in traditional style during the Portuguese era, have a very interesting history dating back to 1886. They've been passed down from generation to generation, and the current owner has even written a book about them!
- Location: Mandrem beach, north Goa.
- Rooms: Two of the houses have three bedrooms each, and the other two have two bedrooms.
- Meals: There is an in-house cook who prepares meals and serves them in a special dining shack.
- Price: From about 16,000 rupees per night for a whole house. Single rooms may be rented in only one... of the houses, starting from about 9,000 rupees per night. A minimum one week stay is preferred. The property is closed during the monsoon season, from the beginning of June until the end of September.
- More Information: Elsewhere Beach Houses Website