Are you a romantic at heart and in love with love? As you may have experienced, even the hottest relationships start with a gentle kiss. But what, in essence, is osculation (that's a big word for a kiss)? You can find out by reading the wonderful quotes about kissing that follow. Use them in a love letter, a proposal, for a seduction, or simply as a conversation starter.
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark, or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know." - Mistinguett
"At last you kissed me, I could die in waves again, and one good lick of quicksand took...." - Heather McHugh
"I am in favor of preserving the French habit of kissing the hands of ladies. After all, one must start somewhere." - Sacha Guitry
"The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss. - unknown
"The soul that can speak with its eyes can also kiss with a gaze." - Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer
"There's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me." - Gretchen Kemp
"POW! Right in the kisser!" — character of Ralph Kramden performed by Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners. Although Ralph blustered a great deal, he never came close to harming Alice
"You don't have to say anything and you don't have to do anything.
Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and ... blow.'' - Lauren Bacall in To Have and Have Not
Are You a Good Kisser?
Kissing, like aspect of making love, is an art. Fortunately, mastery is attainable. If you want to be a good kisser, these guidelines will help you:
- Have your teeth cleaned professionally at least once a year.
- Brush your teeth and your tongue before you meet your lover.
- Make sure your breath is sweet. Use mouthwash or chew minty gum. (Discard your gum in a wrapper before you get together.)
- Your lips should be soft and moist, but not sticky. Clear lip balm both can do the trick.
- Feel as if you need practice? Make a fist and let your thumb cover the edge to form a pseudo-mouth. Try a variety of kisses on it.
- When you're ready for the real thing, don't approach your lover head-on (your noses will bump!). Instead, tilt your head slightly.
- Know that sometimes kissing feels awkward. But practice makes perfect.
- Instead of puckering up, softly part your lips and meet those of your lover.
- Close your eyes — or don't, and stare deeply into your lover's eyes.
- Hold and cherish the moment.
- Use your hands to bring your partner closer. It can be very intimate to touch another person's face or hair.
- As your kissing intensifies, consider the French kiss, where your tongues touch and explore the inside of the other's mouth and cheek. Not everyone likes it, but be open to experimentation.
- Relax and let the good sensations wash over you.
- Don't stop kissing — and you can quote me on that!
Find more kissable quotations on the subject of love: