Cell phones, hats, shoes, sunglasses, iPads, and even dentures are just a few of the items that show up in the Lost and Found department at Disney World. If you have lost something while visiting the Orlando theme parks, there is a good chance you will be able to retrieve it. In some cases, the item can even find its way back to you weeks after your visit—as long as you leave your home address with the helpful cast members from the Lost and Found department.
Be aware that extremely valuable items (such as wallets, purses, credit cards, prescription glasses, and cameras) are held for 90 days after they're found. Items of lesser value (such as sunglasses, hats, toys, and clothes) are held for 30 days after they're found. The key thing to do is to report your item lost as soon as possible, so if it's found, it can be sent right back to you.
What to Do If You Lose an Item in a Disney World Theme Park
Here's what to do depending on exactly when and where you've realized you've lost the item.
- If you lost your item in a park and realize it's missing right away, return to the attraction or location you last had it. If you lost something in a line, in a store, or on a ride, the object may still be at that location. Ask a cast member at the location for assistance.
- If you realize the item is missing while you're in the park, but you are not sure where you lost it, head to guest services. Give the cast member at the desk a description of the item, including any identifying marks. Lost items are sent to guest services after the theme park closes and before making the journey to Lost and Found. Guest services may ask you to fill out this online form.
- If you are staying at a Disney on-site resort hotel and lost your items there, know lost items are often turned in the Lobby Concierge. Check there first. Then you can head to your resort area's Lost and Found.
- If you lost an item while riding Disney's Magical Express, call this number to speak to a cast member: (866) 599-0951
- If you've taken the steps above and have not found your item, you can fill out this online form to report your item missing, no matter where on Disney property you lost it. Cast members will continue to search for your item, even if you leave the resort.
Locations of Lost and Found Departments
Lost and Found Departments are located at the following areas of the Walt Disney World Resort. Check Disney's website for a map of specific locations.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Disney Springs
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Resort Hotels
Items are lost at Disney World every day—with the sheer number of guests and so many distractions, it is easy to see why. Thankfully, most items find their way to the Lost and Found department, and you stand a good chance of being reunited with your missing item if you contact them immediately.