- Lois Friedland is a full-time freelance writer and editor who specializes in travel, skiing, and golf.
- Lois is a co-author of "Frommer's 500 Adrenaline Adventures," published in 2010.
- She and her husband co-wrote the Colorado & Denver Day Trips Travel Guide app for the iPhone, iPad, and other smartphones.
Lois Friedland is a former writer for TripSavvy, filing adventure travel articles from around the world during an eight-year span. During her decades-long career as a freelancer, she has focused on travel, skiing, and golf, publishing numerous articles in magazines, in newspapers, and online.
Lois's publication credits regularly appear in Denver Life Magazine, The Dallas Morning News, Global Traveler magazine, and at frommers.com.
She was Western editor of SKI Magazine and co-owner/editor of the Snow Industry Letter, a subscription-only newsletter for the snowsports industry. She has also written editorial-style advertising copy for clients including Travel + Leisure, The New York Times, and Texas Monthly.
Lois earned her bachelor's degree in English at the University of Michigan.
Awards and Publications
- "Frommer's 500 Adrenaline Adventures"
- SKI Magazine
- Frommer's: The World's 12 Most Breathtaking City Views
- Dallas News: Follow in the footsteps of ancestral Puebloans at these ancient sites
- Global Traveler: Booking Last-Minute Travel
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.