01 of 07
Live Aqua Cancun Resort, Sophistication on Mexico's Caribbean Beach
Live Aqua Cancun, an All-Inclusive, Adults-Only Luxury Resort
Live Aqua Cancun is a refined yet relaxed beach resort in Cancun. This sunny, modern property is set on a beautiful stretch of Caribbean beachfront.
• See why America's #1 foreign vacation destination is Cancun
Live Aqua Cancun Is Adults-Only and All-Inclusive
Live Aqua Cancun is for adults only, with sophisticated dining, a buzzy pool scene, and a sensual aromatherapy concept.
It is an all-inclusive luxury resort, popular in Mexico.
• Read the pros and (few) cons of all-inclusive hotel pricing
Would You Like Live Aqua Cancun? Take this Quiz!
Live Aqua Cancun could prove your ideal beach resort if:
• You seek an uncomplicated beach vacation in an easy-to-get-to destination
• You like the ease and security of all-inclusive rates
• You prefer modern hotels with an airy, uncluttered feeling
• You love all-in-one resorts with entertainment options right on-property
• Yet you'll enjoy being in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone
•... You need a good gym and/or spa in your hotel
• You'll love choosing from a variety of restaurants
Live Aqua Cancun probably won't be for you if:
• You just don't like all-inclusive hotels
• You seek a kid-friendly resort
• You seek a small, private-feeling boutique hotel
• You prefer a big, secluded resort to a compact urban property on a resort strip
• You like lots of hotel entertainment and organized activities
• You prefer resorts with a traditional, not modern, look
Is it a go? Next: Check out Live Aqua Cancun's guest rooms & suitesContinue to 2 of 7 below.
02 of 07
Live Aqua Cancun Guest Rooms & Suites
Live Aqua Cancun's Snny Guest Rooms & Suites
Live Aqua Cancun is a compact resort with all accommodations in one building. (You'll never get lost here.)
• 271 guestrooms are available in seven categories
• They range from comfortable Deluxe Rooms to two palatial Presidential Suites
• One-bedroom suites (our pick!) have an indoor Jacuzzi, separate lounge area, and sizable balcony
What Live Aqua Cancun Rooms Are Like
Rooms are contemporary, sunny, and bright.
• A mainly white color scheme is accented by sapphire-blue that matches the view of the Caribbean Sea
• Rooms are well-configured for comfort and convenience, with ultra-cushy beds, a spacious built-in closet, and plenty of drawer, shelf, and counter space
• Large bathrooms feature twin sinks, makeup mirror, mosaic-tiled shower, and whirlpool soaking tub
• Toiletries are eucalyptus-scented and invigorating
An Aromatherapy Touch
Rooms offer an aromatherapy oil burner with your choice of fragrance oils intended to amplify your mood... (energetic, sensual, etc.)
• I thought it was overkill; Live Aqua Cancun already has a happy mood, thanks to its pleasing design, good food and drink, and warm service
What You Get in every Live Aqua Cancun Room
Every room delivers a plethora of perks to guests.
• A terrace or balcony
• Complimentary minibar with drinks, liquor, and snacks, all restocked daily
• Free wifi (yay!)
• Plasma TV with satellite channels, DVD player
• Coffeemaker, iron, hairdryer, safe with interior charger, iHome dock
• Beach bag and sandals
• The chance to chat with Live Aqua's three amigos: a trio of talkative macaw birds (see them here)
Next: Live Aqua Cancun's VIP Club LevelContinue to 3 of 7 below.
03 of 07
Live Aqua Cancun's VIP Club Level, Called Aqua Club
Aqua VIP Club Level at Live Aqua Cancun
Aqua is the resort's upgraded club floor, with a private lounge called Aqua Club.
So Why Would You Want a Club Upgrade at an All-Inclusive Hotel?
At a conventional a la carte-priced hotel, a VIP lounge delivers upgraded services and ongoing, complimentary F&B (food and beverage) service.
But Why Upgrade to Club Floor at an All-Inclusive?
Since this is an all-inclusive resort, all F&B is already at a guest's beck and call.
You may or may not think a club-floor upgrade will enhance your stay.
• Here's a useful checklist to help you decide if a club-floor upgrade would be worth it to you
The Perks You Get at Live Aqua Club Level
This club level has a few unique appeals.
• It is the Live Aqua's one truly quiet private indoor place to lounge (the hotel doesn't have a hangout lobby; its bars and cafés, indoors and out, do the job)
• Increased concierge services and wonderful staffers
• Best perk of all: express check-in and checkout,... a real time-saver if you're visiting for the weekend or in high season
Service at Live Aqua Cancun
Overall, I found Live Aqua Cancun's service very hard-working and connected.
• Staffers take pride in their work and aim to do their jobs well
• By and large, they are very friendly and welcoming, and remember you and what you like
• Staffers are English-speaking, including many chambermaids
• Any glitches are handled immediately and professionally (plus, there's a doctor in the house)
Live Aqua Cancun's delicious dining, from dress-up to barefoot >>Continue to 4 of 7 below.
04 of 07
Live Aqua Cancun's Enticing Dining & Drinking
Restaurants and Bars at Live Aqua Cancun
Dining is a pleasure Live Aqua Cancun, with eight restaurants and numerous bars and cafés.
• French-trained executive chef Eric De Maeyer oversees a tempting array of resort restaurants
• Cuisines vary, but ingredients are ultra-fresh and presented with flair
• Blazing-hot roasted habañero chile sauce is available in all restaurants for guests who dare
Siete Restaurant for Fine Mexican Fare
Siete is fairly casual and relaxed, and was my favorite of the resort's dining venues.
• The décor, like the menu, marries traditional Mexican elements with exciting modern twists
• The name, meaning Seven, refers to seven Mexican legends of the arts, whose faces adorn the walls
• A few: married painters Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and the comic character Cantinflas
Siete Serves a Great Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
• Breakfast, served until a leisurely noon, offers a sumptuous, beautifully presented, just-made buffet with Mexican and American dishes, fresh... tropical fruit and smoothies, and just-baked breads and pastries
• Lunch is also a buffet, with chef's stations, not steam tables
• Every day brings a different lunch cuisine
At dinner, Siete is divided into two sections: for Italian or Mexican cuisine.
• Mexican chef Lourdes Rico, a native of Cancun's Yucatan region, is supremely gifted and her food knockout delicious. She brilliantly updates classic Yucatecan recipes, such as cochinita pibil, pork roasted in a banana leaf
MB Restaurant, from Miami Celeb Chef Michelle Bernstein
MB, serving dinner only, serves a menu designed by Michelle Bernstein, who comes down to Cancun regularly to supervise this kitchen.
• MB is a glamorous modern bistro
• Guests put on their best resort clothes for MB
• Its contemporary global cuisine showcases the fresh seafood that Michelle is known for, finessed with local Yucatecan iflavors
Azur for Lunch and Dinner in a Sea-View Setting
• Azur perches atop the beach overlooking the Caribbean, with glass walls
• The menu is Mediterranean with Mexican and Asian accents
• Seafood is a specialty, with knockout ceviches
• A favorite feature of Azul diners: the tapas-and-seafood bar
Hidden Garden for Asian Dishes
Hidden Garden is Live Aqua Cancun's alluring Asian restaurant, open only for dinner.
• This seductive spot is outdoors in a jungle cove, with candlelight and soft temple music
• Air coolers keep diners comfortable
• The pan-Asian menu leans toward fragrantly spiced Thai and Malaysian dishes
Inlaa'kech Lobster & Grill, Where All-Inclusive Does Not Apply
This is the resort's non-inclusive restaurant, where guests pay extra ($65 per person in 2016, including wine)
• This romantic restaurant is outdoors under the moonlight, and popular with honeymoon couples
• The upscale menu focuses on Caribbean lobster (whole, kebabs, salad) and tasty steaks of Mexican beef, all enticingly sauced
• Wines are high-end and desserts are exquisite
• The unusual name is a Mayan expression of friendship meaning "we two are like one"
Sea Corner for Barefoot Beach Dining
• This is a thoroughly enjoyable beach bar-and-grill with tables set on the sand
• No shirt, no shoes...yes, service
• All the food's fresh and tasty
• I loved Sea Corner's fish tacos, ceviche, fried calamari, and guacamole
More Dining Venues at Live Aqua Cancun
• Varenna, an outdoor pizzeria and trattoria
• Sushi Station, a small sushi bar in the resort's dining hub, with innovative sushi rolls intended as a first course to dinner elsewhere at the resort, or as an anytime snack
• Café Deli Boutique, centrally set, serves wonderful pastries, desserts, barista coffees, salads, and sandwiches
24/7 Room Service at Live Aqua Cancun
Room service, a popular offering of any all-inclusive plan, goes 24 hours here.
• The chow arrives quickly and is delicious
• My room-service menu picks: tuna tartare and guacamole
Bars at Live Aqua Cancun
• Pool Club, set amidst the resort's pools, with bar, chaise, and cabana seating, a swim-up bar, and a DJ
• AKA Bar, an ocean-view lounge with comfortable couches
• Egos Bar, a classic long bar, with stools plus cushy chairs, sports screens, and a pool table
Next: the truly great beach and pools at Live Aqua CancunContinue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
Live Aqua Cancun's Beach and Pools
The Glorious Beach at Live Aqua Cancun
Live Aqua Cancun is set on a prime stretch of Mexico's Caribbean beach. As throughout Cancun, the beach is public and popular with beach-walkers. But the resort's stretch of beach is quiet and private-feeling.
• The sand is powdery and golden
• The gentle surf hovers around a perpetual 82º F. (28º C.)
• These caressing waters are the unbelievable shade of a Tiffany box
Aquatic Fun Included in the Live Aqua Rate
Non-motorized beach gear is free of charge to Live Aqua Cancun guests:
• Snorkel gear, kayaks, Hobie cats and Sunfish, windsurfers, boogie boards and the like
Available at an extra charge: scuba, sailing, and fishing expeditions, jet-skis, waterskiing, parasailing, and the like.
The Pools at Live Aqua Cancun
The resort offers no fewer than eight good-size pools, with varying controlled water temperatures. They are large and impeccably maintained.
• Amongst them: a long pool suitable for lap-swimming; infinity pools that seem to lead into the... sea; a social pool with a swim-up bar; a quiet pool; and more
• Plenty of poolside loungers are available at no extra charge
• Since this is an all-inclusive resort, roving waiters ("pool concierges") deliver all the mojitos, margaritas, and chilled Coronas you can handle
Beach Beds at Live Aqua Cancun
The resort's seductive spin on pool cabanas is beach beds.
• They are available on a non-complimentary rental basis by the day and half-day
• Beach beds are exactly as they sound: beach-like, king-size loungers with canopy roofs and curtains
• They are a total experience, with flower-petal decorations, icy drinks and cold towels, and (a welcome touch) foot massages
Live Aqua Cancun's Aqua Spa & terrific gym >>Continue to 6 of 7 below.
06 of 07
Live Aqua Cancun's Super Spa and Gym
Aqua Spa at Live Aqua Cancun
Aqua Spa is a refined spa that many Live Aqua Cancun guests take advantage of.
• The spa, like the resort, has serene, blue-tinted ambiance, and is extremely soothing just to be in; it feels like an escape into a blue world.
• Expert treatments draw on global traditions like Swedish massage; European fango mud; Ayurvedic body typing; skin and scalp beautifiers with Moroccan argan oil
• Mexico's spa aestheticians draw on centuries of Amerindian traditions; your massage or facial here is sure to impress
Perfect Hotel Gym at Live Aqua Cancun
The resort's gym does the job with flair for fitness-minded guests.
• It is centrally set, a quick elevator ride from any room
• Equipment is factory-new and comprehensive, including cardio machines; free weights, barbells, and circuit-training; Kinesis equipment; Pilates rigs; mats, balls, and more
• Gym amenities include roving trainers; personal TV and game screens; magazines; mineral water and fresh-tasting Mexican... "chlorophyll water;" and more
Next: connect with Live Aqua Cancun and start planning a getawayContinue to 7 of 7 below.
07 of 07
Connect with Live Aqua Cancun and Get There Soon!
Like What You've Read and Seen of Live Aqua Cancun?
Here's how to get in touch and start planning a visit.
• Live Aqua Cancun website
• Hotel deals and promotions
• By phone 800.343.7821
• On Facebook
• On Twitter (@LiveAquaCancun)
• Pictures on Pinterest
• Here on Luxury Travel, Why Choose Cancun?
• Live Aqua Cancun
Blvd. Kukulkan Km. 12.5
Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún
Quintana Roo, Mexico
As is common in the travel industry, the Luxury Travel Expert was provided with a complimentary visit in order to describe the resort. For details, see our site's Ethics Policy.