Spend Valentine's Day at TPC Sawgrass - Links of Love Package
For lovers and golfers. TPC Sawgrass invites lovers to embark on an unforgettable Valentine’s Day romance with its “Links of Love” package, available throughout the entire month of February. Okay, I can live with that. In fact, it makes perfect sense. What could be better than to spend time with the one you love, and play the game you love at the same time?
How many times have I visited TPC Sawgrass? I’ve lost count. It is of of my favorite venues. It means The resort means so much the golfing fraternity. Yep, it’s all about Pete Dye and that amazing 17th island green. But it’s actually more than that. Most people don’t realize that there are two Pete Dye masterpieces at Sawgrass. The Stadium Course and Dye’s Valley. If you decide to take advantage of the “Links of Love” package, be sure you play them both.
The two golf courses are set against a backdrop of beautifully manicured fairways and majestic, Spanish moss-draped oaks. The “Links of Love” package was designed to allow golf enthusiasts to experience TPC Sawgrass in unprecedented form. From bell tower champagne toasts and sailboat rides at sunset, to acoustic guitarists and candlelit meals overlooking the famous 17th island green at dinner, lovers will leave Ponte Vedra with a new admiration for both the course and that special someone. How romatic is that?
The “Links of Love” Valentine’s Day Package includes:
- 5-night/6-day luxury accommodations at the Sawgrass Marriott Resort & Spa’s Villas at Sawgrass.
- Complimentary Champagne and chocolate golf balls.
- His/hers TPC embroidered robes and slippers
- Daily in-room breakfast with fresh-cut flowers.
- Lunch for two Alice & Pete’s Pub.
- Complimentary his/her bike rentals for the duration of the trip.
- Round of golf for two (2) on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course with personal caddies.
- Round of golf for two (2) on Dye’s Valley.
- Free premium club rental.
- Lunch for two (2) on NINETEEN’s patio, with panoramic views overlooking PLAYERS Stadium No. 18.
- Complimentary Clubhouse Tour.
- Couples therapy bath followed by 50-minute spa treatment.
- Champagne toast in Clubhouse Bell Tower at sunset.
- Private-catered dinner for two beside the legendary 17th island green, complete with a private acoustic guitarist.
- Private sunset sailboat ride with blankets and pillows for snuggling, wine and Atlantic oysters on the half shell.
Home of the PGA TOUR’s headquarters and THE PLAYERS Championship (that’s another great reason to visit the resort), TPC Sawgrass was built to challenge the world’s best professionals, while at the same time providing the avid golfer and fan with the ultimate golf experience. Located in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., between Jacksonville and historic St. Augustine along the Atlantic coast, TPC Sawgrass serves as the PGA TOUR’s flagship property within the TPC Network.
For more information about TPC Sawgrass or to book the “Links of Love” Valentine’s Day Package, call (904) 273-3235, or visit the Package Website. To learn more about accommodations at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, call (904) 285-7777, or visit the Marriott Sawgrass Resort Website.
Note: The Links of Love Package is subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other efforts. Recreational activities are weather dependent and schedules vary.
Golf Plus - In and Around Jacksonville
There are plenty of terrific golf courses and resorts in and around Jacksonville and, during the past 40 years, or so, the area and the sport has exploded, and Sawgrass has played no little part in that explosion. Today, there are more than 50 fine golf courses within 20 miles of the city center. To support these golf courses, there are a half-dozen or more grand resorts, some of them world class in every sense of the words; Grand resorts, such as the Sawgrass Marriott Resort and Spa, and the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort.
By Air: The closest airport… well, there’s a couple of them: Jacksonville or Daytona. Both are served by a number of U.S. airlines, including Delta, U.S. Air, United, etc.
By Car: Interstate 10 serves the city east and west; U.S. 1 is the coast road that connects Ponte Vedra and St. Augustine with Orlando and Daytona Beach, as does Interstate 95, the main route north and south along the east coast. Go west on I-10 and you connect with Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola.
If you're looking for more ideas for your golf getaway, you might like to consider one or more of these favorites: Scotland, Florida, the American Southwest, Bermuda, the Bahamas, all over the Caribbean and Mexico and many more. For up-to-date golf travel news and information, be sure to Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter.