- Linda Tagliaferro was a freelance writer for 25 years. She specialized in writing about travel, especially spas, luxury properties, honeymoons, and wedding destinations.
- Linda wrote about Long Island for nine years as a freelance writer for The New York Times and wrote about travel in New York City for Washingtonian magazine.
- Her travel articles appeared in national publications ranging from Coastal Living to Executive Traveler.
- She also contributed to five travel books for National Geographic.
Linda Tagliaferro was a former writer for TripSavvy, focusing on Long Island, a topic she also covered for The New York Times for nine years. Her travel articles appeared in many national magazines including Coastal Living, Art & Antiques, AmericanStyle, Maxim, Better Homes and Gardens Vacations, The Meeting Professional, Executive Traveler, Disney Cruise Line magazine, For The Bride, Long Island Weddings, Destination I Do, Washingtonian, and more.
Linda also contributed to five travel books for National Geographic, including "Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips" and "Sacred Places of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Most Peaceful and Powerful Destinations."
Linda Tagliaferro earned her bachelor's degree in fine arts from Hunter College, New York. She did her graduate work at Temple University's Tyler School of Art in Rome, Italy, and also at the Villa Schifanoia Graduate School of Fine Arts in Florence, Italy. Linda lived and studied in Denmark and Indonesia as well. After returning to New York, she took a number of writing classes at The New School in Manhattan.Awards and Publications
- "Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips"
- "Sacred Places of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Most Peaceful and Powerful Destinations"
- The New York Times
- Coastal Living
- Long Island Weddings
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.