The world's leading performing arts center, Lincoln Center occupies over 16 acres on the Upper West Side. It has 26 different performance venues and is home to 12 performing arts organizations, representing everything from ballet and chamber music to film and jazz.
01 of 06
Lincoln Center Directions
Lincoln Center is located between West 62nd and 65th Streets and Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues. Frederick P. Rose Hall venues are in the Time Warner Center, located at Broadway and 60th Street.
- Nearest Subway: 1 to 66th Street/Lincoln Center Station
- Frederick P Rose Hall Subway: A, B, C, D, or 1 to 59th Street/Columbus Circle.
- Parking: There is street parking available around Lincoln Center. Pay attention to parking regulations and bring quarters to feed the meter if you park at a metered spot. On-Campus & Off-Campus Parking Garage Details
02 of 06
Lincoln Center Organizations
Twelve performing arts organizations call Lincoln Center home:
- The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- The Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- The Juilliard School
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Lincoln Center Theater
- The Metropolitan Opera
- New York City Ballet
- New York City Opera
- New York Philharmonic
- The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
- School of American Ballet
03 of 06
Lincoln Center Performance Venues
Lincoln Center has 26 performance venues. Here are some of the most popular:
- Alice Tully Hall, Starr Theater
- The Allen Room - (Time Warner Center)
- Avery Fisher Hall
- Damrosch Park - (Outdoor Venue)
- David H. Koch Theater - (NYC Ballet & NYC Opera)
- Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola - (Time Warner Center)
- Metropolitan Opera House
- Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater
- Rose Theater - (Time Warner Center)
- Vivian Beaumont Theater
- The Walter Reade Theater
- More Lincoln Center Venue Information
04 of 06
Lincoln Center Events
Here are some of the annual events that are held at Lincoln Center:Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Want to learn more about Lincoln Center? Consider taking a tour of Lincoln Center. Lincoln Center offers daily guided tours for individuals and groups of the main Lincoln Center Complex and Jazz at Lincoln Center. These tours offer visitors a chance to see behind the scenes at select venues and learn more about the art, architecture, and performances at Lincoln Center. Upon request, tours are available in French, Italian, Japanese, German, and Spanish, as well as American Sign Language.
06 of 06
Where To Eat Near Lincoln Center
Visitors to Lincoln Center have a variety of different dining options nearby. Reservations are highly-recommended for pre-theater dining at Lincoln Center and in the surrounding area.
Close by, there are many different restaurant options. Some highlights include Bar Boulud, Ed's Chowder House, P.J. Clarke's (burgers), and Telepan.