Driving through “Lights on the Bay” at Sandy Point State Park has become a tradition for many families for the past decade. The Lights on the Bay display is a scenic drive along the shore of the Chesapeake Bay with more than 60 spectacular animated and stationary displays illuminating the roadway. The Christmas light show is sponsored by the Anne Arundel Medical Center. In addition to popular classic holiday displays, visitors enjoy a colonial village inspired by historic Annapolis and one of the USNA midshipmen tossing their hats in the air.
Guests are also treated to scenes from the North Pole Village and Enchanted Fairy Tales.
See Photos of Lights on the Bay
Dates and Times
2017 Dates to Be Announced, 5-10 p.m.
Sandy Point State Park - Route 50, at exit 32, near the Bay Bridge in Annapolis, Maryland. (410) 481-3161. From Washington, D.C.: Follow Route 50 East to exit 32. Follow the signs to Sandy Point State Park. From Baltimore: Follow I-695 to exit 4 for Route 97 South toward Annapolis. Exit off of Route 97 at Route 50 East. Take exit 32. Follow the signs to Sandy Point State Park—just prior to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. From the Eastern Shore: Follow Route 301 South to Route 50 West. Cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to exit 32.
Follow the signs to Sandy Point State Park.
$15 per car. Several area businesses and publications offer $2 discount coupons, including The Baltimore Sun, Pennysaver, The Capital newspaper, Anne Arundel County public libraries, Graul’s Markets, Annapolis Subaru, and Red Hot & Blue Restaurant. The coupons may be used Monday-Thursday, except holidays.
Special Events and Discounts
- Lights and Leashes - Walk the light display with your dog, then enjoy refreshments, pet related merchandise, and of course, many adoptable animals.
- Dashing Through The Show - Race begins at 6:15 p.m. AAMC & The Annapolis Strides host the annual 5K Fun Run. Advanced parking/ticket required.
- Team Spirit Night - Wear your school or team colors or jersey for a discount of $5.00 per car.
- Military & First Responders Night - $5.00 Military/First Responder Admission per car (must present a valid ID to receive discount).
- Week of Thanks - Kick off the week of Thanksgiving by donating a canned good at the ticket booth for $2.00 off your admission. All canned goods will be donated to the Lighthouse Shelter in Annapolis.
- Ugly Sweater Night - Wear your “ugly holiday” sweater for a special discount of $10.00 per car.
- 3-D Night - The lights transform and come to life in 3-D. Two Pair of 3-D glasses are FREE for the first 200 cars that arrive. Additional 3-D glasses are $3.00 per set while supplies last.
- Graul’s Market Night - Spend over $100 at Graul’s Market and bring in your receipt for $5.00 off your admission.
- Ledo and Lights - Bring a Ledo’s dining or take-out receipt from the 2016 Lights on the Bay season for $5.00 off your admission.