01 of 06
Le Méridien Mexico City: Welcoming, Fun Hotel in the Center of It All
Le Méridien Mexico City: Stylish, Arty, All-Suites Hotel in a Great Location
Mexico City is a bustling, thriving, exciting capital city of more than 20 million people. If you haven't been here yet, go and be amazed.
• Dynamic and fast-paced, D.F. is the financial and cultural capital of Mexico
• It is a world-class city where history and modernism converge
• Here you’ll find breathtaking architecture, incredible art, cutting-edge fashion and technology, and electrifying cuisine
• It is phenomenally historic, with dozens of archeological and historic sites including UNESCO World Heritage sites
Many Hotel Choices in Mexico City
Mexico City has nearly 50,000 rooms in hotels of all kinds: true luxury hotels; business hotels; design-driven boutique hotels; bed and breakfasts; private guest houses.
• See the full list of Mexico City's top hotels
With All These Hotel Choices, Why Choose Le Méridien Mexico City?
Le Méridien Mexico City is a stylish, artsy hotel with welcoming staff. It will appeal to any D.F. visitor looking for a spacious, chic home base from which to explore the city.
Le Méridien Has a High-End Pedigree, but is Not High-Priced
The Le Méridien, hotel brand, founded in Paris, is now a member of the U.S.-run Starwood Hotel Group, whose other brands include St. Regis, W Hotels, Sheraton, Westin, and more.
• The Starwood Preferred Guest program awards perks like room upgrades; enrollment is free
Unbeatable Location of Le Méridien Mexico City
The hotel is on Paseo de la Reforma, a grand boulevard that runs diagonally across Mexico City.
• This is a commercial district, and you'll find banks, currency exchanges, and all kinds of restaurants within easy walking distance.
• Destination neighborhoods such as Centro, Polanco, Condesa, and Colonia Roma are under 15 minutes away by cab, or you can hop on a Metrobus at the nearby Reforma station
Will you, personally, like Le Méridien Mexico City? Take the quiz to find out >>Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Will You Like Le Méridien Mexico City Hotel?
Will Le Méridien Mexico City Be Your Style?
The answer is probably yes if:
• You want to be in the dead center of this enormous city, with easy access to various neighborhoods and attractions
• You’re into art and music, given special attention here
• You like modern hotels with contemporary decor and uncluttered rooms
• You love a spacious suite to spread out in
• You enjoy the views you get from a high-rise hotel
• You have a thing for all-marble bathrooms with a sunken bathtub
• You’re looking for efficient service from well-trained, friendly, helpful staffers
• You don't want to worry about safety (only keycard holders can access hotel floors )
• You need a restful night’s sleep (double-insulated windows block street noise)
• You like having a refrigerator/minibar in your room
• You're a Starwood Program member and want to accrue points and get free wifi
• You want a hotel with its own fitness center and indoor pool
• You're visiting Mexico City with kids who will feel pampered by the hotel's Le Méridien Family program, heated indoor pool, and LEGO gift
• You’re into social media and like to Snapchat or Instagram your travel experiences -- #destinationunlocked #lmdining #lmmusic
The answer is probably no if:
• You want to be in a residential, not commercial, neighborhood
• You’re looking for an ultra-luxury five-star hotel
• You prefer traditional hotel decor to a sleek, modern look
• You typically upgrade to a club level room (this hotel lacks a club level and club lounge)
• You a prefer private-feeing boutique hotels to mid-sized hotels like this
• You love dining in your hotel and want a choice of in-house restaurants and bars
• You want a hotel with an on-property spa
Next: check out the suites at Le Méridien Mexico CityContinue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
All the Hotel Rooms Are Suites at Le Méridien Mexico City
Attention-Getting Style of Le Méridien Mexico City
Le Méridien Mexico City is an eye-catching 18-floor tower built in 2013. The hotel is very design-driven and chic, and everywhere you look is an Instagram-worthy sight:
• An eye-catching frosted-glass exterior
• A striking black-and-gold chandelier in the soaring entrance
• The lounge's starburst backdrop
You'll love what's in store once you check in, because...
Every Room Is a Suite!
All 160 accommodations in Le Méridien Mexico City are suites, with separate bedroom and living area.
• They have the feel of one-bedroom apartments
• Their cheerful yet soothing color palette is ed with black, gray, and cream
• See the various suites at Le Méridien
Four Categories of Suites in Le Méridien Mexico City
Classic and Superior suites are one-bedroom suites with a lwet bar and extra-large marble bath with soaking tub.
• Classic and Superior suites are 484 square feet (45 square meters)
• The difference: Superior suites occupy higher floors and offer better views
Premiere and Corner suites are even bigger: 614 square feet (57 square meters). They can sleep up to six guests, and there's one of each on every floor.
Premiere suites have an extra-large living room that is sunken, like in a gracious apartment
• Premiere suites get my vote for best rooms:
Corner suites are the biggest in the hotel
• They feature two closets and views of the Monument of the Revolution (the higher the floor, the better the view)
Amenities in All Suites at Le Méridien Mexico City
Guest suites are perfect for unwinding after a busy day in bustling Mexico City. You’ll have everything you need:
• A plush king bed or two double beds
• Double-sized sofa bed in the living area
• Spacious marble-laden bathroom with tub
• Ample shelf, closet, and drawer space for your belongings and luggage
• Two large-screen TV’s: in the living room and the bedroom
• Desk with telephone lines, speakerphone, data line, voice mail
• Coffeemaker with complimentary coffee
• Hairdryer, iron/ironing board
• Laptop-size safe
• Complimentary bottled water
• Bathrobe and slippers for Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) members (enrollment is free)
• Sign up now: room Wifi is free only for SPG members
• "Discovery Packet" with maps, tickets to the Museo Tamayo, and voucher for a coffee at Latitude Bar
Fitness & Relaxation at Le Méridien Mexico City
• Guest have 24-hour access to the hotel's fitness room and its range of gym equipment
• There's a handsome indoor pool and soothing whirlpool
Next: all-day dining and delicious drinks at Le Méridien Mexico CityContinue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Dining and Drinking at Le Méridien Mexico City
A Very Appealing Restaurant and Bar at Le Méridien Mexico City
Mexico City offers adventurous visitors amazing food at all levels -- from humble pushcarts selling one dish to famous gourmet restaurants.
• From haute to humble, Mexico City's top 10 restaurants
But sometimes you just want to relax in your hotel. For those times, Le Méridien offers excellent dining and drinking. Its restaurant and bar are so good that plenty of non-guests seek them out.
All-Day Dining at C’est La Vie Restaurant at Le Méridien Mexico City
C’est La Vie is the main hotel restaurant. It works hard: it's open 24 hours a day and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night menu, desserts, and light bites.
• Le Méridien was founded in Paris, and the restaurant's cuisine is modern French with delicious Mexican ingredients
• The restaurant's specialty is seafood...and dessert pastries
• The atmosphere is stylish French bistro
Ce'est La Vie serves a high-end breakfast buffet as well as signature entrees.
• Complimentary "Eye Opener" shots, a signature of Le Méridien, are served each morning.
• They're intended to really wake you up, and they do
• They feature regional Mexican flavors:
• When I visited, the flavors wereBlack Zapote with Ginger (black zapote is a local fruit prized by the Aztecs), and a sweet-and-hot Tropical Fruit with Habañero Chile
• Is this a tradition you'd like to bring home? More about Eye Openers
Desserts are worth ordering at C'est La Vie.
• I liked the Le Méridien éclair, a South of the Border twist on the Gallic classic
• It was made with Mexican chocolate from Oaxaca and vanilla from Veracruz
Drinks and Snacks at Latitude Bar
Located adjacent to the hotel’s front desk, Latitude Bar is a hip, welcoming spot where guests grab coffee or a snack, or linger over a cocktail or glass of wine.
There's both bar seating and comfy lounge space
Weeknight guests can catch good live entertainment here.
• Wednesdays bring jazz , and Thursdays feature trova music from the Yucatan and Cuba
• Dates, hours, and acts subject to change; check once you're in the hotel
What to Drink at Latitude Bar
Latitude Bar is an inviting lounge with gleaming wood tables and chairs and a warm color scheme. Its wines and cocktails reflect the hotel's French and Mexican heritage.
• You'll find a nice selection of French wines and aperitifs
• And also wine from Mexico's Baja California, one of the world's most exciting emerging wine regions
Cocktails at Latitude Bar
And you'll also find a range of expertly mixed margaritas -- plus a otl more.
• For a Mexican spin on a French aperitif, try the tequila-fueled Latitude Fizz with a hibiscus infusion, lemon, and a spritz of sparkling wine from Queretaro
• I also recommend the Mojito Moreno, made with rum, lime, mint, rum, agave nectar, and mineral water for fizz
Room Service at Le Méridien Mexico City
Is just what you wanted: 24/7.
Next: Le Méridien Mexico City wants to show you the town's thriving art sceneContinue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Music and Art Are Everywhere at Le Méridien Mexico City
If You Love Music and Art, Le Méridien Is Your Mexico City Hotel
This hotel reaches out to culturally-minded visitors who want to be surrounded by nice things to look at and listen to.
• Le Méridien Mexico City’s Cultural Programs are called "Destination, Art & Music Unlocked"
For Le Méridien Guest: UNLOCK Art
Guests will receive a curated art experience that focuses on Mexico City's creativity.
• You sensea the cretive vibe as soon as you enter: the latest local art themes are imprinted right on the hotel's doors
• In the lobby, a Video Art Programme called “Follow Me” by American aerial photographer Gray Malin gives a new persective on destinations around the world
• In the foyer, a spherical suspended sculpture, designed by Mauricio Paniagua and Tony Moxham of TotalDFC in Mexico City, is inspired by Oaxacan black pottery
• More art in the house: the design printed on each guest’s key card is a work of art (and you can keep it)
Check Out One of Mexico City's Coolest Museums, on the House
Hotel guests get complimentary admission to Le Méridien’s UNLOCK ArtTM partner, Museo Tamayo, an absorbing contemporary art museum.
• Another reason to go: the museum shop is super-cool. You can do all your gift shopping here
Are You In Love Yet with the Group "Nouvelle Vague"? Just Wait
Le Méridien Hotels has a global partnership with Nouvelle Vague, a hard-to-characterize but easy-to-love French band.
• Nouvelle Vague's sound is irresistible. The band takes 80’s "new wave" songs and turns them into acoustic-jazz dance tunes with a bossa nova beat.
• Here's a sample on YouTube
• During their world tour, Nouvelle Vague played a private concert at Le Méridien Mexico City. I had the pleasure of attending, and it was fabulous
• The band is busy creating a 24-hour playlist for every Le Méridien hotel in the world
Next: how to connect with this outstanding hotel, Le Méridien Mexico CityContinue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Connect with Le Méridien Mexico City
Contact and Connect with Le Méridien Mexico City
Le Méridien Mexico City
Avenida Paseo de la Reforma No. 69
06030 Ciudad de México, D.F., Mexico
As is common in the travel industry, the Guest Author was provided with a complimentary visit for the purpose of describing the hotel. For details, see our site's Ethics Policy.