In 2015 David Letterman retired from the Late Show, passing the bottom to his friend Stephen Colbert. There are many shows where you can Be In The Audience in NYC but one of the best experiences is The Late Show With Stephen Colbert. It is taped in the (renovated!) Ed Sullivan Theatre and is part of the CBS late-night lineup.
If you're a fan of late night television nothing beats seeing a show live at the Ed Sullivan Theatre. Plan to request your tickets about a month before your trip, or take your chances with standby tickets. There is a limit of two tickets per reservation. Individuals may attend once every six months.
Tapings occur once a day every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. On Thursday two tapings occur. The show takes a break on holidays.
Tapings are from 5:30 to 7 pm, but you have to be at the taping around 3 pm. Make sure you can make it that early in the day before requesting tickets.
Getting "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" Tickets Online
Request "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" tickets online. You must register for an account before requesting tickets or they will only be on temporary hold, not reserved. Make sure to check the calendar to see if there are tickets available for the date you want. Read the instructions carefully here.
Tickets are no longer available to secure by phone or in person. You must go through the online process.
What to Know About Late Show with David Letterman Tickets:
- The show taping goes from around 5:30 pm to 7 pm. You will have to be at the taping studio by at least 3 pm. tapes at the Ed Sullivan Theatre 1697 Broadway (53rd/54th Sts).
- Late Show with Stephen Ticket doesn't offer tickets by mail, over the phone, or in person. You must get them online.
- You must be at least 18 to be in the audience.
- Bring photo ID for security clearance.
- You are eligible to attend the Late Show with Stephen Colbert only once every six months.
- Bring a sweater or jacket if you're attending a taping -- they keep the studios pumped full of refrigerated air.
- Look your best! You will most likely make a television appearance.