Yikes! Valentine's Day is around the corner -- and you still need a gift. Operating at the last minute, you don't have time to order gifts online. And it's possible the store will be sold out of what you want and you have to settle for something you don't.
No need to fret! Any of the following last-minute Valentine's Day gifts is likely to be appreciated by your significant other -- and unless you confess, he or she will never have to know that you waited until the very last minute to pick them up.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts You Can Download
When surveyed, couples say the best Valentine's Day gift they could receive is a trip together. If you can't get away around Valentine's Day, give a gift of sweet anticipation. You can purchase Travel Gift Cards & Certificates online to great hotels, restaurants, even luggage. Print your purchase, slip it into a card with a big red heart and a personal message of love, and you'll be rewarded now — and again when you travel together.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts You Can Make 1-2-3
Got a printer? Great! Go to Valentine's Day Love Coupons and start printing. A color printer is ideal but not essential. The first of the love coupons is intended as a cover that you can personalize, and the rest go underneath.
Present all these last-minute coupons together, stapled neatly in a booklet or tied with a pretty ribbon, and your sweetheart will be thrilled.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts to Buy Online
Since it's too late to buy a gift you like online that will arrive by Valentine's Day, purchase an electronic gift certificate instead.
Companies that offer eGift Cards include Amazon, Target, Apple iTunes, and Barnes & Noble. If you're going to send a gift digitally, make sure to include a personal message. It doesn't have to be a long love letter, but it should convey your feeling for the recipient.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts to Pick Up on the Way Home from Work
Avoid the lines at the florist, the department store, and the chocolatier, and dash into one of these stores for unconventional Valentine's Day gifts instead:
- At a Toy Store - Pick up Twister, the Milton-Bradley game that's fun for all ages. And even more fun for adults.
- At Home Depot - Pick up an elegant dendrobium orchid, potted and ready for Valentine's Day giving.
- At Walgreen's - Pick up massage oils and body chocolate (available in four flavors) in the Valentine’s Day aisle. And don't afraid to be cheesy: There's nothing wrong (and very much right) with bestowing a heart-shaped box of chocolate. NB: Consider the kind of chocolate your better half likes. Someone who only eats dark chocolate, will turn up their nose at milk.
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts for Women
Even if you select them at the last minute, gifts that bear a big red heart are sure to melt hers.
- Heart-shaped locket
- Heart-shaped picture frame, with a picture of the two of you
- Heart-shaped, red-satin box of chocolates
- Heart-shaped candies that say "I Love You"
Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts of Desperation
Quick items to grab and go:
- Stuffed animal from stationery store
- Book of love poetry
- Store-bought book of love IOU's
- Heart-shaped cake or cupcakes from supermarket or convenience store.
Even if your gift is acquired last minute, your thoughtfulness and generosity will be appreciated and the good feelings should last long past Valentine's Day. Just don't forget to include a Valentine's Day card that says how you feel.