Lansdowne Resort and Spa, A Destination Hotel, is a 476-acre resort situated in the heart of Virginia Wine Country, just 35 miles west of Washington DC. The property features luxury accommodations, a world-class spa, 45 holes of championship golf and a wide variety dining options. Recognized as one of the Mid-Atlantic's premier resorts and conference centers, the full service resort offers an ideal destination for a weekend getaway, family gathering or business meeting. Nearby attractions include more than 40 wineries and 20 breweries, the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum), Leesburg Premium Outlets and Historic Leesburg.
Lansdowne Resort and Spa completed a renovation in 2016. The property features 296 newly redesigned guest rooms, including signature suites and two Presidential Suites, all with panoramic views of the resort’s championship golf courses, the Potomac River and nearby mountains. The newly redesigned rooms and suites feature a sleek new style that celebrates the resort’s distinctive location in Leesburg, VA.
44050 Woodridge Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (877) 509-8400
Lansdowne Resort and Spa is nestled in Loudoun County's famed Virginia Wine Country, just 12 miles from Dulles International Airport and 35 miles from Washington, DC.
Lansdowne Resort and Spa Features and Amenities
- 296 deluxe guest rooms, including 14 suites, overlooking panoramic views of the resorts championship golf courses, the Potomac River and nearby mountains
- 45 holes of championship golf including the Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Course, the Norman Course and the 9-hole Sharkbite Course. There is also a FootGolf Course (played with a soccer ball instead of a golf ball and your feet instead of clubs).
- The 45,000 square-foot Clubhouse features a restaurant, bar, locker room, indoor Jacuzzi and sauna, a 4,200 square foot ballroom, an outdoor dining terrace and a golf shop
- Spa Minerale, a 12,000 square foot, full service spa with 13 treatment rooms. Services include massage, body masks, facials, hydrotherapy and salon treatments
- Three restaurants: Riverside Hearth (open daily for breakfast), Coton & Rye (Virginia Tavern celebrating signature recipes from the past) and Pub 46 (Located in the Clubhouse – features light fare and a full bar)
- 50,000 square feet of total function space for conferences, a 9,525 square foot resort ballroom, 33 dedicated meeting rooms, a 126-seat amphitheatre and a 3,500 square foot outdoor pavilion
- Health and fitness center, tennis complex, indoor/outdoor pools, and hiking trails along the Potomac Heritage Trail. Guests can rent bikes to explore the nearby paths or biking trails along the Potomac River.
Wine Tour Program
Winery tours are popular, especially on the weekends. Visitors can take a tour of local wineries and enjoy stunning mountain views. The resort offers a bus tour to two wineries - Exclusive Wine Excursions! on Saturdays based on availability. The shuttle departs at 11 a.m. and returns at 4 p.m. $60 per person (plus the cost of the tastings). The resort also offers a winery package which includes accommodations, breakfast for two and round-trip transportation to two wineries.
- Enjoy some time out on the patio enjoying the scenic views. In the evening, gaze at the stars and roast marshmellows on the firepit.
- Take a walk (wear sturdy shoes) on the Potomac Heritage Trail and enjoy views of the Potomac River.
- Be sure to have time to check out the recreation facilities. Take a swim, play a round of golf, relax with a spa treatment. Note there is a water slide for kids and a separate adult-only swimming pool.
- Visit a winery and savor a variety of local wines. Explore the countryside and learn about Virginia's growing wine industry.
About Destination Hotels & Resorts
Lansdowne Resort is operated by Destination Hotels & Resorts, a collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels and resorts across North America. Offering enriching, locally-inspired experiences from alpine adventures and stunning beachfronts to urban landmarks, each property reflects the natural surroundings and culture of its distinctive locale. With more than 40 properties in premier travel destinations, including Aspen, Chicago, Denver, Lake Tahoe, Los Angeles, Maui, Miami, New Orleans, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Fe, Seattle, Vail and Washington DC, the award-winning portfolio features renowned golf courses, indigenous spas, and exceptional culinary venues. For more information on Destination Hotels & Resorts, visit www.destinationhotels.com.