Lake Tahoe weddings are very popular and this place is often named as one of the best places for weddings and honeymoons. It's no wonder, with such a pretty location, lots of places indoors or out to hold a wedding ceremony and hotels for the guests to stay in.
When planning Lake Tahoe weddings, think of it in four quadrants: North or South? California or Nevada? North Lake Tahoe is quieter, but the biggest hotels are on the south shore.
Lake Tahoe Weddings: Legal Requirements
Marriage license requirements vary by state. In California, many chapels will issue marriage licenses on premises, but in Nevada, you have to go to the court house. Many wedding chapels issue licenses on the premises, but don't count on it; instead, ask to be 100% sure. In either state, be sure you know the requirements and bring the proper paperwork:
There are dozens of chapels that host Lake Tahoe weddings and plenty of planners to help you make your day special.
Lake Tahoe Wedding Chapels - California
- Chapel at Lake Tahoe: Holds Lake Tahoe weddings in a small chapel just outside of Tahoe City.
- Chapel of the Bells: They have several locations, including a garden for summer Lake Tahoe weddings.
- Fantasy Inn: Old English style chapel, theme rooms.
- Lake View: The only chapel for Lake Tahoe weddings with a panoramic lake view.
- Lakefront: Outdoor rose garden and indoor options.
- Tahoe Mountain Wedding: Offers a full range of services and several locations options.
- Timber Cove: Get married on the lawn, on the beach or in their chapel.
Lake Tahoe Wedding Chapels - Nevada
- Chapel of the Pines: Outdoor locations in the forest.
- The Dream Maker: Outdoor locations and a waterfall chapel.
- Harveys: At Harvey's Casino.
- Montbleu Resort : 12th-floor chapel with great views, easy wedding packages and they can host your reception, too.
Other Venues for Lake Tahoe Weddings
- The Party Boat: Get married by the captain.
Resources for Planning Lake Tahoe Weddings
- High Mountain Weddings: Packages in several locations, or pick your own.
- Lake Tahoe Weddings and Honeymoon Association: Directory of services and wedding packages
- North Lake Tahoe Weddings and Honeymoon Association: Information about licenses, search by service.
- South Lake Tahoe Weddings: Directory of South Lake Tahoe businesses you may need.
- Lake Tahoe Weddings Info: Wedding coordination and referral service. Outdoor specialists.
- Lake Tahoe Weddings: From Tahoe's Best - links to all the services.