First launched in the early 1980's as a men's-only concept store on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées, L'Eclaireur now has several locations around the city: an expansion that reflects its solid success among the fashion-conscious. And-- shhh....it's mostly for the stylish guys who fall into that category.
Read related: Best Places to Shop in Paris
The brainchild of fashionista couple Martine and Armand Hadida, L'Eclaireur is as much known for its prestigious setting as it is for its high-end merchandise. One of the boutiques is housed in the former stables of a private manor, in a perfectly hidden spot near the square known as the Place des Victoires.
While L'Eclaireur is specialized in men's creations, some locations also carry women's clothing, in addition to luxury home design items, bags and accessories, and objets d'art.
Another location boasts a restaurant. The experience there is, reportedly, so minimalist and arty you'll think you're at a socialite gallery opening somewhere. In short, if you're looking for a shopping outing that plunges you into the heart of BCBG Paris ("bon chic bon genre", which roughly means "posh" in French), we recommend a whirl at one of these coveted boutiques. In addition to the men's flagship on the Champs, there's also a location in the trendy Marais district closer to the city center, located at 29 bis Rue des Francs-Bourgeois, in the 4th arrondissement; as well as one on 29, rue de Sévigné, in the 3rd arrondissement.
Read related feature: Best Concept Stores and Boutiques in Paris
Location and Contact Information:
- Address: 26 avenue des Champs Elysées, 8th arrondissement(Note: This is the menswear-only flagship store. For other locations, including those that offer women's collections, click here).
- Metro: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Line 1)
- Tel: +33 (0)1 45 62 12 32
- Visit the official website
Featured Designers and Items
Across its many locations in the city, L'Eclaireur carries a wide range of prêt à porter (ready to wear) and haute couture (high-end designer) lines for both men and women from top designers, including Alexander McQueen, Azzarro, Emilio Pucci, Oscar de la Renta, and other well-known names.
It's also a hotspot for up-and-coming global designers, so if you're interested in discovering fresher talents, this is certainly a shop where you can make more "personal" finds.
In addition to clothes, the boutique at Rue de Sevigné offers items like designer bags, specialty books and magazines, perfumery, furniture and design items, and even eyewear.
Like This? Read Related:
- How to Survive Summer and Winter Sales in Paris (Les "Soldes")
- Shopping on Sundays in Paris: What's Open
- Shopping on a Budget in Paris: From Vintage Outlets to Discount Designer Shops
- How to Find Unique Gifts in Paris: "Just Say No" to Eiffel Tower Snow Globes
- Best Gourmet Food Shops in Paris