- Kristin Addis is a world traveler, travel writer, and blogger with extensive writing experience on the world festival circuit and her travels to Asia. She has been writing about her experiences since 2012.
- She published a book in 2016 about her first year of solo adventures, "A Thousand New Beginnings."
- She was selected by USA Today as a top vagabonding blogger and has been featured in Business Insider, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, and BuzzFeed, among others.
- A resident of southern California, she also writes travel pieces about southern California.
Addis is a former travel writer for Tripsavvy. She was a regular contributor specializing in various destinations in California, Asia, and Austria and a number of festivals like Burning Man, Coachella, and more. Her expertise is related to authentic cultural experiences by taking public transportation versus guided tours and speaking with locals about finding hidden gems off the beaten path.
Since 2012, Addis continues to maintain a personal blog bemytravelmuse.com where she chronicles her experiences traveling solo in Asia, Oceania, North America, and Europe. Her advice is geared toward "flashpackers," upscale backpacking travelers who have a little more money to spend, and women who prefer to see the world solo.
She published a book in 2016 about her memoirs from her first year as a solo traveler through southeast Asia, "A Thousand New Beginnings." Prior to that, she was an investment banker who made the conscious decision to leave it all behind to travel full-time and write about it.
Addis graduated cum laude from the University of California, Santa Barbara, where she studied global socioeconomics and politics. Her final year she completed a scholarship-based internship to study Mandarin at National Taiwan Normal University's Mandarin Training Center.
Awards and Publications
- 2014 recipient of the USA Today Top 10 Reader's Choice Award for Top Traveling Vagabond Blogger
- Business Insider
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.