It may be tempting to pack only shorts and t-shirts in your bag for a June vacation to Krakow but do include long, lightweight pants and a light jacket or sweater. These will come in handy for rainy or cool evenings. You'll also want to include an outfit appropriate for any indoor concerts that look appealing when you're there. Don't forget your travel umbrella!
June Weather in Krakow
- Average temperature: 20 C / 68 F
- Average high: 25 C / 77 F
- Average Low: 15 C / 59 F
Temperatures rise even further in June, but this month also gets an average of 4 inches of rainfall, so expect some showers or thunderstorms during your trip to Krakow.
Get more Krakow weather information.
June Holidays and Events in Krakow
Krakow's Kazimierz district comes alive with the International Festival of Jewish Culture. Music, lectures, events, and exhibitions celebrate Jewish culture during this festival, which grows in popularity every year. Also taking place in the Kazimierz district is the Bread Festival, where visitors can sample and purchase the best bread vendors have to offer.
The Krakow City Festival takes place in June; look for events associated with this festival towards the end of the month.
Wianki, a traditional festival also known as the “floating of the wreaths” is an enormous summer event held on the banks of the Vistula River.
An old-style market, fireworks, and concerts are held during Wianki.
A summer opera festival and the International Festival of Military Bands round out Krakow's June events calendar.
Tips for Travel to Krakow in June
- June is a popular month for travel to Krakow, so book your tickets and hotel room well in advance.
- Finding hotels near the historic district can be tricky, but even if you have to stay outside the city center, you'll find plenty to do during the day once you're there.
Book Flights and Hotels for Krakow in June
- Hotels in Krakow: Compare Prices
- Flights to Krakow: Compare Prices