Pack for summer weather for travel to Krakow during August, but be mindful that comfortable walking shoes, a light sweater or wrap for cool nights, and clothing appropriate for evenings out are musts.
August Weather in Krakow
- Average temperature: 22 C / 72 F
- Average high: 27 C / 81 F
- Average Low: 16 C / 61 F
Enjoy the last of Krakow's really hot months with weather that can get into the 80's.
Get more Krakow weather information.
August Holidays and Events in Krakow
Music in Old Krakow is a festival the features classical music played in the city's historic venues, like Wawel Castle and famous churches.
The Pierogi Festival showcases one of Poland's favorite traditional foods – the dumpling. Sweet or savory, these tasty, buttered bites can make a meal on their own or can accompany other delicious dishes.
The Festival of Court Dance occurs in July or August and recalls a time of classical dances of royal courts.
An annual Folk Art Fair takes place on Main Market Square in August. Hundreds of craftsman from Poland and other countries give demonstrations and sell their crafts. Music and other entertainment make the fair's atmosphere even livelier.
Tips for Travel to Krakow in August
- August is a great month to really sample the traditions of Poland. Even if you miss the Pierogi Festival or the Folk Art Fair, you can still try traditional Polish dishes in Krakow's restaurants and shop for handmade souvenirs in the Cloth Hall.
Book Flights and Hotels for Krakow in August
- Hotels in Krakow: Compare Prices
- Flights to Krakow: Compare Prices