The frequent flyer program of Korean Air is Skypass, which provides its members with travel awards and special benefits. Members can accumulate miles through using services offered by Korean Air and its various partners.
Korean Air is part of the SkyTeam Alliance which enables Skypass members to receive miles when traveling on flights of any partner of the SkyTeam Alliance. Korean Air also partners with airlines who are not pat of the SkyTeam Alliance: Alaska Airlines, Emirates Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, and Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes.
How to become a member:
As a new Skypass member, you will receive the Skypass Card, the entry level of membership.
Traveling regularly on Korean Airlines or its partners enables you to move up the various Elite tier levels to Morning Calm Club, Morning Calm Premium Club and Million Miler Club. Each tier offers additional benefits and privileges.
Skypass is easy to join and can be done online here.
A quick overview of the Skypass Program:
Earning Miles – ways to earn miles with your card:
- Booking flights with Korean Air, or other Partnered Airlines
- Partner Credit Card Companies in Korea and other Regions
- Partner Rental Car Services
- Booking overnight stays at partnered Hotels
- Using the financial services and other services that are partners with Skypass
Spending Miles – ways to spend your miles:
- Award Tickets or Upgrade tickets
- Redeem your Skypass miles to use KAL Lounge service
- Cover excess baggage charges
- Redeem your miles with SkyTeam Airlines award travel, tickets and/or upgraded seats
- Partnered Airlines award travel
- Redeem your miles for nights at our partner hotels, with meal options and room upgrades
- Access to KAL Limousine bus, and rental car services
- Mileage can be redeemed for a visit to Jeju Folk Village Museum
More Miles Options – more services for your miles:
- Family Plan: Members with insufficient miles can supplement their miles with the miles of immediate family members
Other Skypass Programs
- Round-The-World Bonus: SKYPASS redemption program where you can enjoy round-the-world tour with SkyTeam carriers.
Korean Air also offers different versions of its Skypass Visa card. Options include:
- Visa Signature card: 15,000 bonus Skypass miles after the first purchase, earning one mile for every dollar spent, double miles when buying Korean Air flights and two airline lounge tickets a year;
- SkyBlue card: no annual fee, 5,000 bonus Skypass miles after the first purchase and earning one mile for every $2 spent on purchases;
- Business card: 10,000 bonus Skypass miles after the first purchase, earning one mile for every dollar spent, double miles when buying Korean Air flights and two airline lounge tickets a year.
- Classic card: 5,000 bonus Skypass miles after the first purchase and one mile for every $1 in purchases; and
- Secured card: 5,000 bonus Skypass miles after the first purchase, one mile for every $1 in purchases and a credit limit based on your deposit, from $300 to $5,000.
For more information on this airline, visit our Korean Airlines Essentials Guide.
Learn more about the SkyTeam Alliance.