Kingsmill is a luxury resort with a breathtaking setting along 2,900 protected acres of the James River in Williamsburg, Virginia. The resort offers a wide range of activities for all ages and is a great destination for a romantic getaway or a family vacation. The property includes five on-site restaurants, three 18-hole championship golf courses, a fitness center and spa, indoor/outdoor pools, 15 tennis courts, a full service marina and a 16,000 square foot conference center. Located in the heart of Virginia's Historic Triangle, Kingsmill Resort is conveniently located minutes away from Colonial Williamsburg, adjacent to Busch Gardens, with easy access to Water Country USA, Jamestown and Yorktown.
(See more information below)
Kingsmill has a rich history dating back to Colonial America. The land located along the banks of the James River was considered a permanent base by the nation’s first Englishmen in 1607. The property that is now known as Kingsmill featured a bustling plantation from 1619 through the 1800s.
Getting to Kingsmill
Address: 1010 Kingsmill Road Williamsburg, Virginia
From Washington DC: Take I-95 South toward Richmond. Take exit 84A on the left to merge onto I-295 South toward Rocky Mt NC/Richmond International, Take exit 28A to merge onto I-64 E toward Norfolk/VA Beach. Take exit 242A to merge onto VA-199 W (Humelsine Pkwy). Turn left on Route 60S (Pocahontas Trail). Turn Right on Kingsmill Rd. Follow the Road to the end to reach the resort.
Kingsmill is located approximately 150 miles from Washington, DC, 55 miles from Virginia Beach, 56 miles from Richmond, and 45 miles from Norfolk. See a map
Kingsmill offers 425 guest rooms and suites including one- to three- bedroom accommodations with kitchens, washer/dryers, and spacious living areas. Guests can choose from a James River, Wareham’s Pond, Golf Course or Tennis Center view.
Dining at Kingsmill Resort
Dining options range from steaks, pastas and salads to sophisticated Southern cuisine dishes such as shrimp po boys prepared with fresh, sustainable, seasonal ingredients.
- Bray Dining Room – With a wide-ranging and seasonally changing menu, the Bray Dining Room offers an elegant setting, with panoramic views of the James River. Open daily for breakfast from 7:00 – 10:30 a.m., and until 12:30 p.m. on Sundays.
- Eagles - With stunning views of Kingsmill’s River Golf Course, Eagles is a favorite spot for a leisurely lunch or casual drinks and dinner. Open daily from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Regattas – A dinner hotspot, Regattas’ serves Italian specialties including pizza from a wood-burning oven, ciabatta sandwiches, and a variety of pastas.. Open for dinner from 5:00 pm-9:00 pm Tuesday-Saturday.
- James Landing Grill – Dine on fresh, locally sourced cuisine, while enjoying the beautiful sunsets over the James River. Open every day for lunch and dinner from noon – 9 p.m. Outdoor seating and live entertainment.
- The Mill- The café overlooks the tennis courts and offers coffee, sandwiches, baked goods, ice cream, coffee, etc. Open daily 6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Banquet Facilities and Weddings
Kingsmill offers state‐of‐the‐art meeting, banquet and conference facilities to accommodate groups from 10 to 450. Sixteen meeting rooms with soundproofing, adjustable lighting, individual climate controls and state‐of‐the‐art audiovisual equipment are available. Kingsmill’s two ballrooms, the James River Grand Ballroom and the Burwell Plantation Ballroom feature more than 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Kingsmill offers a beautiful setting and a wide range of amenities that make it an ideal location for a wedding or other special event.
Built by August Busch (former CEO of Anheuser-Busch) and located within Kingsmill Resort, this gorgeous estate can be reserved for special events, weddings, meetings and business retreats. This private setting has hosted Presidents of the United States, prominent dignitaries and VIP’s from around the globe. The property features four bedrooms, a boardroom accommodating up to 12 and a secluded patio overlooking the picturesque James River.
Recreational Activities at Kingsmill Resort
- Golf - Renowned as Virginia’s largest golf resort, Kingsmill boasts three 18‐hole championship golf courses (The River, Plantation and Woods courses) available throughout the year. The courses cater to golfers of all levels and offer half and full‐day golf school and private instruction.
- Sports Club - Indoor/outdoor pool, racquetball courts, Cybex circuit training equipment, sauna, steam room and whirlpool tub; daily group fitness classes are modified to include water, muscle conditioning, step interval, stretch/sculpt, boot camp, yoga and Pilates.
- River Pool - Situated along the James River, the lazy river includes a waterslide, sandy beach, firepit, dining area and poolside bar.
- Tennis Club - 15 courts, including six Hydro Courts that are both clay and deco‐turf; tournament coordination and private lessons are available.
- Marina - Full-service marina with 15 boat slips, paddle boards, non-motorized boats (kayaks, paddle and Jon), pontoon and jet ski rentals.
- Fishing - Located at Kingsmill’s standing pier; equipment and fishing licenses can be obtained at the harbor shop.
- Biking/walking - Miles of paths are available through the resort and adjoining neighborhood of Kingsmill; bike rentals are available for children and adults.
- Segway Tours - 90-minute tours area available.
The Spa at Kingsmill
The facility offers seasonal and classic services for total body wellness including manicures, pedicures, professional makeup application and a full‐service hair salon. Guest can indulge in a Swedish, deep tissue, aromatherapy, prenatal, reflexology, La Stone, couples massage or signature Kingsmill service: a soothing hops and chamomile massage, a decadent chocolate body wrap or yam-and-pumpkin facial.
Attractions Near Kingsmill
- Busch Gardens - The European themed amusement park combines 17th century charm with the latest technology in thrilling roller coasters and family entertainment. The park offers a wide range of events during the spring/summer, “Howl-O-Scream” in the fall and “Christmas Town” during the holiday season.
- Water Country USA - As the Mid-Atlantic region’s largest water park, Water Country offers 43 acres of pools, children’s play areas, lazy rivers and water rides.
- Colonial Williamsburg -The 301-acre living history museum brings “The Revolutionary City” to life through thousands of archaeologists, researchers, historians, and historical interpreters. The Historic Area includes 88 original 18th-century structures and hundreds of houses, shops and public outbuildings.
- Jamestown - The site of the first permanent English settlement in America, is a museum of 17th-century life with exhibits that chronicle the first century of the Virginia colony.
- Yorktown - This living history center re-creates the Continental Army encampment with interactive programs.
- Premium Outlets Williamsburg - The outlet center features more than 90 stores including Nike, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Nine West and more.
- Website: www.kingsmill.com