- Kim Knox Beckius is a Yankee Magazine Contributing Editor, owner of EverythingNewEngland.com, and the author of seven books including Backroads of New England and New England's Historic Homes & Gardens.
- Based in Connecticut, she has been a freelance travel writer, editor, photographer, and PR consultant since 1998, when she joined About.com (now TripSavvy) as New England Travel Expert.
- In addition to writing about travel in New England and beyond, Kim also gives presentations about travel and wellness to corporations in the region, speaks at libraries and events (such as the Connecticut Governor's Conference on Tourism), and serves as a step-on guide for groups touring New England. She also works with clients to design customized New England itineraries.
A native of New York's Hudson Valley, Kim relocated to Connecticut in 1996 and began her online travel writing career in 1998. Prior to becoming a full-time freelancer in 2002, she worked as a newspaper correspondent, a history teacher, public programs coordinator at a historic mansion, editor and spokesperson for an upstate New York utility company, and senior projects manager for a financial consulting firm.
Kim has worked with clients all over the world including CoastalLiving.com, New Hampshire Magazine, the Kennebunkport Resort Collection, The Telegraph, Nasheed Events, the Official Connecticut Visitors Guide, Gayot.com, Town & Country, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Aer Lingus CARA, and many other print and online publications.
She is a member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), the nation's leading professional organization for travel writers and is frequently called on by the media to discuss New England travel and events. She recently appeared on New England Cable News (NECN), WPRI's The Rhode Show, and WTNH's CT Style, and she's been quoted in publications across the country, from the Hartford Courant to the Fresno Bee.
Throughout her career, Kim has interviewed several celebrities, including Priscilla Presley, Kelsey Grammer, Brooke Shields, Colin Cowie, tops chefs Daniel Boulud and Eric Ripert and fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier.
Kim holds a Master's degree in education from the State University of New York at New Paltz and graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor's degree in history and communications/public relations from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York.
Awards and Publications
- Kim is the author of seven books, including New England's Historic Homes & Gardens, Backroads of New England, The Everything Outdoor Wedding Book, and The Everything Family Guide to New England.
- Kim is a contributor to Frommer's New England (release date: January 8, 2019)
- Her columns and feature articles appear regularly in Yankee Magazine and on its NewEngland.com website.
- She has written about Maine beach towns and Maine beach hotels for CoastalLiving.com.
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.