- As someone who has traveled to more than 70 countries and written about it, Forbes has named Kiersten Rich one of the top travel influencers around.
- Her award-winning blog is a repository of most of her writing about her travels and is a guide for solo female travelers who want to see the world.
- Also a social media and marketing consultant, Rich provides promotional solutions for tourism boards, travel companies, and travel-related brands.
Rich is a former travel writer for Tripsavvy. She was a regular contributor for two years and is an expert on solo travel. She provides tips on traveling alone, ways to find discounts as a solo traveler, and shows you how to meet compatible travel buddies while abroad.
Rich runs the website The Blonde Abroad, an award-winning travel and lifestyle blog featuring travel tips, fashion, food, festivals, and photography from around the world.
Due to the popularity of her online blog as well as her intrepid travels, she has been featured in the New York Times, Travel + Leisure, Marie Claire, Forbes, Elite Daily, Business Insider, the Huffington Post, Afar, Teen Vogue, Yahoo! Travel, Mind Body Green, Tripadvisor, Quebec Original, Refinery 29, Retail Me Not, and Cosmopolitan.
Her accolades include "Top Travel Influencer of 2017" by Forbes and "Top Instagrammer of the Month" by Travel + Leisure, as well as "Travel Blog of the Year" at the 2016 Cinnamon Travel Blogger Award and Conference in Asia.
Rich earned a bachelor's degree in business specializing in financial planning from San Diego State University.Awards and Publications
- "Top Travel Influencer of 2017" by Forbes
- "Top Instagrammer of the Month" by Travel + Leisure
- "Best Travel Instagrams to Follow for Major Wanderlust" by InStyle
- "Travel Blog of the Year (2016)" by the Cinnamon Travel Blogger Conference and Awards
- New York Times
- Yahoo! Travel
- Business Insider
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.