If you have kids, the good news is you don't have to cook on Tuesdays! Many Denver restaurants offer special "kids eat free" nights on Tuesdays. Adults must purchase a grown-up meal to qualify. Local '50s diner Gunther Toody's offers their special on Monday nights, while IHOP offers "kids eat free" specials every day from 3 p.m. - close.
- Kids 10-and-under eat free from the kid's menu on select nights at participating restaurants from 4 p.m. - 10 p.m. The special allows two kids meals with one paid adult meal.
- Fazoli's offers kids' meals for $.99 on Tuesday nights from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m., along with coloring sheets and other activities for kids. Two kids meals can be purchased for $.99 with each adult entree. Fazoli's has five metro Denver locations: Arvada, Aurora, Centennial, Littleton and Northglenn.
- Lodo's Bar and Grill
- On Wednesdays, kids can eat free all day with purchase of an adult meal at the Highlands Ranch location. The sports-themed restaurant features pub fare, as well as a rooftop patio.
- Perkins Restaurant
- Kids eat free on Tuesdays from 4 p.m. - 10 p.m. with purchase of adult entree. Perkins has one Denver location, and several locations in the Denver suburbs.
- Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe
- A franchise that opened in Denver in 2013, Taziki's offers Greek food such as gyros and other Mediterranean delicacies such as grilled fish and lamb. On Sundays and Mondays after 4 p.m., Taziki's offers families one free kids meal with purchase of an adult meal.
Please note: All programs, prices and details listed are subject to change without notice. Please call in advance to confirm participating restaurant details.
Nina Snyder is the author of "Good Day, Broncos," a children's e-book, and "ABCs of Balls," a children's picture book. Visit her website at ninasnyder.com.