Hailing from New England, Kelly Hodgkins is a backpacking and hiking guru who enjoys spending time with her children in the mountains of Maine and New Hampshire. With a background in science and technology, she brings digital know-how to her backcountry ramblings.
- Kelly has written for Digital Trends, Greenbelly and formerly MacRumors, TUAW, BGR, and Gizmodo
- She started writing for Tripsavvy in December 2018
- She specializes in topics related to outdoor gear, technology, and family
Kelly started writing online for BGR over a decade ago covering smartphones and mobile technology. She transitioned into writing about Apple-related news and products, heading up the app review section at The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW), which was assimilated into Engadget in 2015. Now she has found her niche writing about outdoor gear, technology, and family.
Kelly has her bachelor's in Biology from Loyola University Maryland and was a Ph.D. candidate in Environmental Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire.
- Garmin Fenix 6S Pro Review: Small Watch, Big Deal, Digital Trends
- Garmin Dives Headfirst Into Water Sports with the New Swim 2 Smartwatch, Digital Trends
- Polar's Vantage V and M Watch Update Improves Your Sleep, Reduces Your Stress, Digital Trends
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.