Looking for a great place for wine tastings in Kansas City? We've got everything from chic winebars and wine boutiques to state-of-the-art tasting at liquor stores, here are the Top 10 Wine Tastings in Kansas City.
01 of 10
Boozefish Wine BarWith a cool atmosphere, great selection of wine paired perfectly with their food (think Mediterranean platter and Plat de fromage et fruit) Boozefish gets the KC Guide's top spot as the place to taste in KC.
- Location: 1511 Westport Road,816.561.5995
- Tastings: Wednesday's Wine Fest: 6-8 p.m., $15. Sample four wines, then select a glass of your favorite.
Tip: Don't miss Bloozeday Tuesday with live music from 8-10pm or 'Martinis and Manicures' on the first Wednesday of the month..
02 of 10Call it the Cadillac of wine tastings-They do it up right at Lukas Liquors by using a high-tech Enomatic Italian wine serving system that pours you a perfect amount of vino. They also offer 90+ wines and scotches as well as appetizers and small plates.
- Location: Lukas Liquors State Line, 13657 Washington, 816-942-8523
- Tastings:The Wine Bar offers great classes like Wine 101 as well as Wine and Food Pairing Events.
Tip: The Wine Bar also offers FREE tastings, check the web for details.
03 of 10Wines by Jennifer is an chic wine boutique that offers wines from around the globe and all-day wine tastings. WBJ has a knowledgeable staff and a weekly wine theme that guarantees you won't have the same tasting twice. The boutique features specialty foods such as cheese and local breads that enhance your wine-tasting experience.
- Location:405 Main St., Parkville, 816.505.WINE
- Hours: Tues-Fri., 12pm-8pm and Sat,12pm-9pm.
- Tasting Prices: $8 for a 7 flight tasting, $10 includes a souvenir glass.
04 of 10JP's, the latest addition to the Crossroads, has a full bar and over 50 wines by the glass and a great selection to boot. This chic establishment also has small plates with things like homemade hummus and pears with honey to perfectly compliment the nice wine selection.
Continue to 5 of 10 below.
- Location:1526 Walnut St. in the Crossroads
- Tastings: JP's offers wines by the glass as well as an impressive array of flights for a nice tasting.
- Hours:Bar is open 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. M-Sat. Coffee and pastries served 6am-4pm.
05 of 10Gomer's, with 3 locations in the metro, offers small samplings everyday in their sampling roon and a special wine tasting every Saturday from 11am-6pm. Gomer's in the Northland also has a FREE Friday Beer tasting featuring 6 microbrews and imports from around the globe. Check their website for details.
- Locations: Gomer's Lee's Summit, 201 S. Missouri; Gomer's South, 9900 Holmes; Gomer's North, 6298 NW Hwy 9; Gomer's Midtown, 3838 Broadway.
- Tastings:Tasting and hours vary by location.
06 of 10
Vino 100Boasting 100 wines under $25, Vino 100 is a great spot for tastings. Specializing in smaller vineyards, limited production and exclusive wines--Vino 100's staff is friendly, approachable and fun.
- Location: 13135 State Line Road Kansas City, 64145
- Tastings: Vino 101, Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30pm ($20). There is also a Vino 201-check the website for details.
- Hours: Open 7 days a week, M-Th 11am-8pm, Fri-Sat, 11am-9pm and Sun, Noon to 5pm.
Tip: Sign up for the Vino 100 newsletter!
07 of 10Bluestem has expanded and created a cool Wine Lounge adjacent to it's wonderful restaurant. Perfect for date night or hanging out with friends, Blemstem's Wine Lounge offers an extensive list of small production wineries by glass, 1/2 bottle or bottle.
- Location:900 Westport Rd. 816.561.1101
- Hours: The Wine Lounge is open from 5pm to 1:30am Mon-Sat.
08 of 10
Higher GroundsHigher Grounds not only offers up a great array of freshly brewed coffee, but has gourmet goodies, sammies and a ample selection of vino. Their fully stocked bar features wine by the bottle for in-house consumption or to take home. Wines are also available by the glass.
Continue to 9 of 10 below.
- Location:6325 N. Lewis, in the Parkville Commons.
- Tastings: Everyday, 8 tastes $10, or by the glass, $6-8.
- Hours: M-Thurs, 6:30am-9pm; Fri, 6:30am-10:30pm; Sat, 7:30am-10pm and Sunday 8am-2pm.
09 of 10
Joe D's Wine-bar CafeJoe D's-- a Brookside staple and BKS hangout has everything. It's a winebar, it's got a great patio, and yes, it's got great food to boot. With 50 wines by the glass and over 100 by the bottle, there's nothing to miss at Joe D's. 'Wine Spectator' Mag gave it their 'Award of Excellence' 9 times..yes, it's that good.
- Location:6227 Brookside Plaza, 816.333.6116.
- Bar Hours: Open from 11am till close.
10 of 10
Hotel Phillips ChophouseThe beautious Hotel Phillips Chophouse offers an amazing wine tasting on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Each allows you to sample four wines specially chosen by the house sommelier, Kathi Rohlfing. Each wine is expertly paired with appetizers for just $35 per person. They also offer special event tastings on a regular basis.
- Location:Hotel Phillips, 106 w 12th Street, Downtown.
- Tastings: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 6:30pm. Call for reservations, 816.221.9292.